1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-621 retiring in march 2011

Discussion in 'Windows Vista / 7 / 8 Client Exams' started by karan1337, Dec 31, 2010.

1. karan1337

karan1337 Byte Poster

i was thinking about my next step i.e. 70-621 but i just saw on the microsoft website that it is going to be retired on march 31, 2011 :-(

It was an opportunity for existing MCDST's to get both MCTS and MCITP with only 1 exam.

Any other alternatives?
    Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCTS, Brainbench: XP and Vista [Master]
    WIP: Bachelors:Computer Science
  2. BosonMichael
    Highly Decorated Member Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The only alternative is taking the individual 70-620 and 70-622 exams. There's no upgrade path for the Windows 7 certs... you'd have to take those individually as well.
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Yes there are alternatives:

1. Do the 70-620 & 70-622 exam, instead of the upgrade to gain the MCTS/MCITP combination for Vista
    2. By-pass the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician all together and do the two individual exams: 70-680 & 70-685 or
    3. Do the new Windows 7 upgrade exam (70-682), this will upgrade the MCDST and MCITP: EST to the new Windows 7 MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician 7

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
    Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

Yup, it seems to me like the alternatives are to take the exams separately if you want to pass the Vista exams.
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011