1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-291

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by cpvale, Oct 21, 2009.

1. cpvale

cpvale New Member

Hi

New to the forum after browsing for a while a few years ago. Did my 70-290 a few years and i now think its time to crack on with the 70-291.

Any tips on how to get started with this one. Got the Microsoft Book on this and a few other bits and bobs i've gathered over the years. Considering a technet subscription so im covered software wise.

any suggestions welcome.

Cheers

2. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

Check this link out... craigie from the forums made this awesome study guide:

craigie's 70-291 Study Guide

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  3. xmojo

xmojo Nibble Poster

There's overlap between 70-290 and 70-291, especially on the network security part in 70-291. A lot of the basics of network security are covered in 70-290, stuff like group policy, SUS servers, IIS security, knowing what the settings are in local or domain group policy, user access to a server.

DNS is heavily covered in the 79-291 exam (I should know, I sat the exam today and passed), so pay a lot of attention to that part. Also, study up on things like the monitoring, troubleshooting, and command-line tools, that was asked a lot in my exam.