1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70-291 class course?

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by hailstorm, Jan 24, 2008.

1. hailstorm

hailstorm Bit Poster

Just wondering if anyone has done the class based course for this and did you find it helpful? I do have the MS Press book but I'm finding it really hard going.

Certifications: ACTC, ACSP, MCP, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: ACSA
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Yes, I did a MOC (Microsoft Official Course) for the 291 at a local college. It was handy to get me into a regime of hard studying, but it was no were near enough by itself. Lots of hands on server experience is essential in my opinion and a decent setup to practice on. Also additional study material would also be a good idea. I used the Sybex book, Learnkey video training and Transcender mock exams.

It doesn't have a 70% failure rate for no reason. :) Good luck btw.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Spilly

Spilly Kilobyte Poster

This course for me was good to do, I don't think I'm up to exam pass mark yet but not far off.
    I did this course in early November!

I wouldn't have passed the exam just by doing the course.

Certifications: A+,N+,S+,MCP,MCDST,MCITP,MCTS,MCSA,CISMP,PCI-P,SSCP
    WIP: CCSK
  4. hailstorm

hailstorm Bit Poster

Not really expecting to pass the exam just using the course. I really want to do it to get a helping hand with learning the material. I've got through the first few chapters of the MS Press book and it just ends up making my head hurt.

Certifications: ACTC, ACSP, MCP, MCDST, MCSA
    WIP: ACSA
  5. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

I haven't done this course but I have done other courses where I'd to a self-study and then take a course. It let me take in the material a different way, so topics I didn't get initially were strengthened and topics I knew were reinforced. Point is I didn't replace the books but used each method to balance each other.