666 error modem out of order

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sirdragon, Mar 11, 2004.

1. sirdragon

sirdragon Nibble Poster

:daz

Hi everyone my better half :sexie contacted me yesterday with a little problem. Her laptop wont link to the net and comes back with a 666 error modem out of order or not in service.

Is this really the work of the Dark master :devilfla: and should be deposited in the waters of the underworld :gos or can it be fixed???? :build

:pepsi

martin

SimonV moderator note: Title changed to suite post content

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

Hi Martin

Is it a Microsoft os? it could just be that it's trying to dial home :D or alternatively I found this or this which may help.

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I found the same stuff when I looked. Here's another link but I think it's just a repeat of what Phil already posted.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. sirdragon

sirdragon Nibble Poster

All links greatfully followed.

You never know i might learn something..........(must be someway of doing that)

its a win me OS

cheers

martin

5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. sirdragon

sirdragon Nibble Poster

yup Jak

was in Phils reply,

but ta anyhow, wont know the outcome untill weekend when I go down to the wifes place....

if it works I will be able to let u know......if not..........its a visit to the libary's internet access ..........lol

cheers

martin

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Oh gee, I'm sorry. I've encountered ME only a few times but it's given me nothing but trouble every time. My most recent adventure was with the ME machine in our usability lab. We have two user labs and the PCs run ME and Win98 respectively. During a test two weeks ago, ME blue screened on me and there was nothing I could do about it. Had to pause the test while I switched over to a laptop running XP. It had to be configured to run the material from the FLARE server, load the bitmaps of our material and hit the internet sites we wanted. I want to junk the ME PC so bad but getting a new PC that meets all of HP's internal requirements takes almost an act of Congress.

Certifications: A+ and Network+