3 Month Probation

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jaron78, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

PASSED 1 week early :)

All in all very happy with me and the work I am doing. They asked if there is anything I need to work on and I advised of the following:
    • Programming: Python, C++ and Java - Basically, the Office I work in is our Tech Hub where the applications are designed, programmed and tested etc. Sometimes, when we are chatting things go right over my head so I have started to teach myself to programme. Starting with Python, then Java and the C++. I had a great response from everyone in the forum about C++ and I have taken it all on board. Head of Development here has suggested I start with Python first though.

• Network+: This will NOT be funded by the company as it is not really relevant to my role. We have a whole Networking team based in another office, and they and they alone deal with our networks. They are willing to let me pop to the office and sit with these guys for a few weeks and use them as my "Mentors" should I want to progress down the networking route in future.

• Linux+: This WILL be funded by the company. We do not have a Linux "Technician" within the Desktop Support team and seeing as it is used predominantly in the office I support, they will be willing to look into the training. I have gone for the Linux+ as it will be beneficial to the company and looks great on my CV.
    Overall, Really pleased with the company, people are friendly, if you have questions people are always willing to answer them. Location is great, good salary and it keeps me busy :)

SimonV likes this.
  2. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

Nice one fella, sounds like you're onto a winner with this firm :)

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
    Jaron78 likes this.
  3. Jaron78

Thanks mate, I do have high hopes here. A lot of people have been here for over 7 or 8 years which is a good sign.

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Nice one mate, glad you're not going back to the slammer !

Jaron78 likes this.
  5. Jaron78

Thanks mate, me too!!

:)

6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Nice one mate! All the best.

Jaron78 likes this.
  7. Jaron78

Thanks @Juelz :)

8. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

Nice mate, seems like a really good company.

Jaron78 likes this.