2 interviews in one day! eek

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Phoenix, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

hows that then

got out of an interview with OFGEM (Office of Gas and Electricity Markets) at about 11 this morning (can you imagine me as a civil servant, i'd be like the ones you hear on the news, using the government funded 'phat pipe' for the gathering of illegal contraband!!), got a call asking me to attend an immediate interview in Marble arch, today at 4, so i guess i better get the suit back on :)

just an update
    had over 20 or so interviews since i got back from the states (2 months ago)
    many of these have been second and even third interviews, but still no offers
    i've been pipped to the post a few times, not through any problems with myself apparantly, but just down to the fact the 'other' candidate has a little more to offer

i guess thats to be expected with the roles im being put forward for, i asume most the other candidates are older than me and perhaps have a little more to offer, but im pleased with my progress so far, and i cant really blame companies for wanting to get a little more for the same money, im impressed i have had so many interviews, and that i have managed to get so many follow up interviews, until this 'hiring session' i hadnt once had an interview that i didnt get an offer for, but usually i'd be getting one interview a month at best :)

anyway, time to get ready for this second interview
    wish me luck!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  2. Firthy2002

Firthy2002 Byte Poster

Good luck! You're bound to get something soon, don't give up.

Certifications: None currently
    WIP: CompTIA A+ & Network+
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Good luck mate.:thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Good luck:!:

Btw, where do you want to work?

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

You're hot, man! Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

What, like 2 TB disk space ??? :biggrin

Fingers crossed for a favourable outcome for you soon, mate :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. Bull Gates

Bull Gates Byte Poster

gud luck mate:thumbleft n i agree with Jak abt the 2TB disk space. lol

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCSE
  8. Rosy
    Honorary Member

Rosy Megabyte Poster

Fantastic news Phoenix - how did the 2nd interview go? 8)

Certifications: MOS Master Instructor
  9. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

well the second one went better than the first
    i mean, im sure he first went well, but i got a call 5 minutes after the second and started this morning at 8:30
    nothing too fancy, were still using some really old stuff due to some problems the last few years, its a large property management company who own among other things, liberty in oxford street and up until last month, marble arch tower, part of my role will be to help modernise the systems with a migration from nt4 and exchange 5.5 to win 2003 and exchange 2003, like i said its not perfect, but its a job, it pays good (about 10k more than the last place) and the people here are pretty friendly :)
    and it beats being unemployed lol

thanks for the support guys

10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Congrats Phoenix - well done m8 :clap Sounds well-interesting to me. Enjoy :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Great news mate well done :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  12. Firthy2002

Firthy2002 Byte Poster

Excellent news!

Certifications: None currently
    WIP: CompTIA A+ & Network+
  13. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

That's terrific, Ryan. Drinks all around. :D :morebeer :berrr

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  14. Taz69

Taz69 Byte Poster

Congrats man.

Any job which doesn't involve being tied to the phone all day sounds pretty good to me.:D

Certifications: MCSE: S, MCSA:M, MCSA: S, Net+ & 70-284
    WIP: MCSA 2003 & MCSA:Messaging 2003
  15. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

A belated well done from me too mate, you da man!!

*VB toss* :D

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  16. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Congrats on the good fortune mate.

VB's all round *toss* *toss* *toss* :alc

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  17. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Thanks guys I appreciate the support
    I think its the first time i have been employed since joining up here :D
    which is rather sad considering my abilities, but i did take a few months off in the US :)

heres a little more about the role

I am an Infrastructure Support Enginner
    part of the core infrastructure team, which consists of one other engineer (as well as me, making 2) a Telecoms guy (same age as me) 2 girls who handle technical sales (i think, from what i gather so far) as well as doing some other basic technical stuff, our Team Leader type guy who broke his leg and came in especially to interview me, but wont be back till monday, and our Department head who commutes from nottingham every day

The role consists of managing and maintaining leased lines and telecoms gear across 31 sites in the UK, but we are primarily based at the groups head office in london, the company provides managed office space for small companies (and larger ones alike) basically rather than having the hassle and cost associated with your own premises, you just lease of of us, at one of our prominently addressed locations across the country, at a fraction of the cost, we can provide dedicated connections for our larger clients, and shared connectivity for our smaller ones, all of that is managed by us, the the clients dont have to

the company (MWBEX) provides other services to the clients, like reception service, personalised call facilities and such, and even clerical work if needed, but i dont know much about that side of things at the moment, all i know is i have a handful of LES 10s and a few LES 100s to play with *grin*

and two major migrations to plan, eek! :)

ill filter in more as it becomes available, perhaps in a new thread

Again thanks for the support guys
    spent the evening in the Tyburn (its a JD Weatherspoons) drinking my fave aussie beer, which im sorry to say nug, is Hahn :)
    was very suprised JD even had it, was very pleased!!

yes Tyburn is where they used to hang people out of newgate for you history buffs