2 hours and 45 minutes to sit the 20-271???

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by hugorilho, May 25, 2009.

1. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

Booked my 20-271 for the 16th of june. It says it's going to take 2 hours and 45 minutes. Does this lenght concerns only the exam or the entire "ritual" of getting in the test centre, identifying myself and so on??

Certifications: MCDST
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

no thats from when you wake up in the morning :twisted: It's from when you press the start button on the screen when your sat at the computer after you have signed in.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

Good sense of humor you got there, good for you... 8)

Is it really this long?

And what about the number of questions? Is 40, 60 or is it random between these two alternatives?

4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Well it's up to that limit, how long the exam takes is really up to you.

According to Cramsession (cause I can't remember)

So it can be anywhere around that number.

See here.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. hugorilho

hugorilho Byte Poster

Thanks for the tips, guys.

6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I wouldn't let the exam length either throw or panic you in any way; I'm convinced it's only so long to give peeps a fighting chance at reading and vaguely digesting the convoluted Microsoft question form in their older exams (I've read that 2K8 product exams are mucly less diatribe-y).

If you want a ball-park, both exams (including checking) took me in the region of 25 - 30 minutes.

I can't re-read exams too many times. I'm convinced I'll end up changing questions I've got right, because I think about things too much :rolleyes:

Good luck by the way :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  7. Elhaj

Elhaj Nibble Poster

25-30 minutes to answer more than 40+ questions? less than 1 minute per question?
    it's 2 hours exams and the extra time is for sign in exam agreement and MS NDA.
    some questions are long and require time to read, some are straight forward.
    good luck to you.:D

Certifications: Bsc Economics, MCDST
    WIP: what's the point?
  8. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I was having a cup of tea after 45 minutes and I am not the fastest person in the world, I was finished faster than when I did my 220-601 :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

im with arro on this one and for some reason seem to remember the MCDST to be far easier (and time consuming) than the 270.

Best of luck with it.

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Like Bruce said, it's how much time after you hit the begin exam button. It took me about an hour for each MCDST exam. 25-30 minutes is indeed impressive Arroryn - Jedi-like.:respct

I suspect the time is for people who take long tests or have trouble with the language.

I went to college with one guy who always took the full class on a test regardless how long everyone else took. He usually scored very well too, but he was a long test taker. It was terrible to wait for him so we could have a drink after the final exam.:thumbdwn

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  11. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

From personal experience, I went through and answered everything within 45 mins... then spent another 30 mins double/triple checking my answers.

It's very doubtful that you'll hit the time limit, but it's there if you need it. :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA