1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

070-272 Exam Tomorrow!

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by MrBlackNWhite, Dec 4, 2008.

1. MrBlackNWhite

MrBlackNWhite New Member

Hi All,

Got my 070-272 exam tomorrow afternoon and I'm quietly confident (fingers crossed!).

Passed my 070-271 exam on Nov 21st and 272 seems a bit easier. Hopefully I'll pass to get MCDST cert!

I then plan on doing the 621 upgrade exam next year for Vista to get my MCITP/MCTS as I think I've got the exam bug!

Anyone done the 621 that can offer any advise on which books to use to study?

Certifications: MCP
    WIP: MCDST/MCITP/MCTS
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck on the exam.

I think a few people on here have done the vista upgrade.

If I remember correctly Wagnerk has done it.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

I sat the 71-621 exam while it was in beta (hence the 71 instead of the 70), then I sat the 70-620 live exam as at the time MS stated that the 621 exam would not count as a client exam, which was changed after I sat the 620 exam. Anyway the materials that I used was:

1. Microsoft Windows Vista Unveiled
    2. Introducing Windows Vista (Introducing) and
    3. Windows Vista for Dummies: Special Preview Edition
    4. CBT Nuggets "Windows Vista - First Look"
    5. The free e-learning clinics from MS - Clinic 3041: Deploying Windows Vista™ and the 2007 Office System Client Products (Beta)
    6. The various Technet documentation on the beta version of Vista
    7. Using Vista since beta 3

However now there are lots of proper study guides, CBT's and practice exams that weren't around when I was studying for them. Last time I checked there weren't any books for the 70-621 exam, so you'll have to get the books for both the 70-620 & the 70-622 exam (unless, of course, they are now producing books for the upgrade exam).

Hope this helps

-Ken

p.s. good luck for your exam :)

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip
  4. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Good luck:biggrin

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  5. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

The best of luck! :)

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  6. MrBlackNWhite

MrBlackNWhite New Member

Cheers for the advice Wagnerk! I'll do a bit more digging to find out!

By the way, I passed this afternoon with a score of 838! Officially part of the MCDST Club! ;)

Gonna wind down for xmas and pick this up in the new year! Got my xmas work party tonight so feel the need to have a several well ended pints!

7. tbone152

tbone152 Nibble Poster

Well done on the pass. How did you find it compared to the 271? I'm still studying for this one (272) so would be interested to know.

T

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-270
  8. MrBlackNWhite

MrBlackNWhite New Member

Tbone, to be honest, I found 272 easier but that's maybe because I deal more with problems in Apps in my job!

Had to do a bit of refreshing on outlook express tho as I haven't used it in years! I'd say 271 is the tricker of the two in my opinion!

Good luck!

9. tbone152

tbone152 Nibble Poster

Thanks, I'll let you know how i get on. Hopefully taking the exam within next month or so.

T

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST
    WIP: 70-270
  10. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Congrats

Why aren't the places i sit exams open on Saturdays :rolleyes:

I am working through 271, i don't know what to expect, do the questions in the MS press booksand/or CD reflect the exam ? (I have a feeling they dont)

If i can i am going to avoid the Vista stuff, continue with MCSA, wait for windows 7.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  11. wagnerk

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Congrats on the pass :)

-ken

Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip