ITIL v3 Foundation passed :)

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Kitkatninja, May 27, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi Guys/Gals,

Just to let you know that I've passed the ITIL v3 Foundation exam this morning.

Passing score: 26/40 or 65%
    My Score: 26/40 or 65%

Not bad considering I've been self-studying for it for the last week or so. But to pass on the mark... I would have cried if I had gotten 25/40 :lol: Looking forward to my new cert & Green badge to come thru, lol.

Now back on to the 70-649 track (after a couple of days rest)...

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Congrats Ken. :D

Green badge? What's that then?

3. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass Ken. :thumbleft

4. Kitkatninja

ITIL BadgesFor each of the three main ITIL certifications, a 'badge' is awarded, being a different colour for each level. The colours are as follows:
    ITIL Foundation = Green Badge
    ITIL Practitioner = Blue Badge
    ITIL Manager = Red Badge

It's like the MS lapel pin, nice to collect, but haven't seen anyone actually wear them, lol

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
  5. GiddyG

Umm... never got an MS badge, and I never got my green ITIL badge either... :dry Someone out there mustn't like me. :cry:

6. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Well done on the pass. :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  7. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Well done mate, I'm taking a break from the Net+ to self-study for this, glad to hear you made quick progress.

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  8. Kitkatninja

I wouldn't say it was quick progress as the official course for this is 3 days, I took over double the time. But it was alot cheaper :)

-Ken

9. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Well done ken. good job on getting that 'dry bone' out of the way.

oh, yeah... I took the ITIL exam a while back... and scored a frustrating 25/40... yep, fail by one point :oops:. May try again soon.

Moral; of the story, never change your questions if you finish early:blink

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  10. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Definitely cheaper, half doing it because my work is "supposed" to be ITIL-comparable and they like it but also looking out for myself in future - because of this work won't pay, and I won't be £700+ out of pocket!

It is a little dry though, abstract also which never helps!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  11. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass, im still awaiting the results through the post for mine, but im expecting a fail as most of the questions were complete guesswork.

As i've said before 3 days is too short to take in all that business speak and after only three days I wonder on the quality of what I've learnt. I'd much rather learn something properly than whizzing through 250 power point slides in 2 and a bit days.

Still all the free tea and biscuits were nice!

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  12. Kitkatninja

Couldn't you take it online? Hopefully you'll pass :)

-Ken

13. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  14. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Ken

Congrats - trust me, there isn't much too luck forward to when you recieve your green badge!

15. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

well done :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  16. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

No work sent me on the course, there was a written test with an adjudicator and everything. That took me back a few years I can tell you.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  17. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Congrats Ken. :thumbleft

i never got no green badge. :dry

18. Kitkatninja

Just found this:

How do I get my ITIL badge ?
    Badge forms are sent to all candidates who pass along with their letters and certificates. These forms need to be completed and sent back to the ITSMF as they issue the badges. If you have completed a form and not received your badge, ITSMF can be contacted on any of the below;

Tel: 01189 186500
    Fax: 01189 699749
    E-mail: badges @ itsmf.co.uk (no spaces)

See here :)

-ken

19. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Yep - my colleague and myself faxed the form at the same time, i recieved mine 2 weeks later, he recieved his 9 weeks later, infact, it was after a re-fax

20. GiddyG

Thanks for that Ken.