Another one for the ITIL v3...

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by Kitkatninja, May 12, 2008.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi guys/gals,

Just to let you know that I'm going down the ITIL v3 route, :lol: Actually I got work to pay for the exam, will be self-studying for it and then hopefully be taking the exam on the 27th of May. At the moment only looking at the foundation one, as that's the only one you can do with via the self-study route.

I was looking at this book, but found out from our suppliers that it's been discontinued (I'm not going to buy this out of my pocket), so currently looking at this one.

We'll see how prepared I am, as I can always change the exam date.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

Work are sending me on an ITIL course at some point. Its a 3 day instructor led course with an exam at the end, I need to find out what level it is.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  3. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Best of luck guys :thumbleft

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

dont forget to look at my thread for a brief insight... ...im sure i had done the v3 part

Good luck

5. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck Ken :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  6. Chriseast1

Chriseast1 Bit Poster

Good luck. I have mine on the 5th of June.

Certifications: see signature
    WIP: MCSA next up 291
  7. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I'm halfway through the second day of my 3 day course. Currently eating the free lunch.

Its a flipping nightmare trying to cram all the buzzwords and management speak into two and a bit days.

Personally I think three days is not long enough and even if by some fluke I manage to pass the exam, I'm not sure of the quality of what I have learned will benefit me.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  8. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Not filling me with confidence, lol. I'm just going thru CBT Nuggets for ITIL v3 and just finished the 3rd chapter (book has been ordered), not being funny but it's boring... I think if you can stay awake they should offer the cert based on that. Oh well, on to the 4th chapter...

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  9. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Thing is I'm quite up for what it can offer companies and my way of working (especially seeing as it is appearing on more and more job specs).

But it seems to be designed with the maximum number of words for the minimum of meaning.which I'm sure is good for managers to blind people with science but most of the framework actually seems to be based around common sense surprise surprise!

Oh well I got 27 in the mock exams so will do a bit of revising tonight (not too much though cause BSG is on).

Also why the flip is the exam paper based and you have to wait a week or two for the result surely it flies in the face of service design and is neither effective or efficient

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing