Zenos Course

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Queeg, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Queeg

Queeg Bit Poster

I spent about 2 months applying to jobs and got around 8 interviews, no job offers though. That's probably more to do with my lack of interview skills rather than lack of experience though. After these two months Zenos did get me a job which I am doing quite well at, so I'm quite happy with them. Not sure how it worked out for some of the others who take the same course though, so I cannot vouch for everyone.

Certifications: MCTS, MCDST, A+, Network+
  2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

It seems like their take on a modern apprenticeship, for thoose that are 16-18 and looking for an apprenticeship and entry level work it looks like a good deal.

If you have the apptitude I'd still reccomend A levels and University combined with some part time work.

The main thing with certs is they are easy to pick up in your spare time, I expect there will be increasing numbers of people with degrees and certs.

3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If I could turn back time I would have went for certs first whilst applying for jobs and if nothing turned up then do the university route.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. ben_westbrom

ben_westbrom Bit Poster

I went to Zenos, and i'd recomend it to anyone. Passed everything they had too offer although we didn't go through the N+ course as some of the people were behind. The only downside is that it is completely mixed ability, so there can be a lot of waiting around and there is lots of self study.
    Also you HAVE to pass your A+ and they wont put you in for your MCP/MCDST unless you pass that first.

Certifications: A+, MCDST, 70 - 290
    WIP: 70-291
  5. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Hi all,

I haven't posted in ages so thought I'd come on and say about the mighty Zenos.

Came into my work today (I'm 26) and basically they offered us this scheme. 2 of the lads from work are on it and doing quite well.

They make there money from you doing the NVQ at the start and thus throw in the MCP/MCSA stuff as a carrot for the end of the course.

They do give free training days which you get time off work for (paid).

You can't go onto the course if you have a degree.

I looked through it and I wouldn't have been able to complete everything within the timescales they give e.g. straight after NVQ 2 day training course for 270.

This course does offer what people have paid a lot of money for. If you don't have a degree and your employer will give you time off for training then I would recommend phoning them. You may have to go a bit backwards in some respects to get the NVQ but then hey its free :p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination
  6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Eh? Why is that? :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  7. Lev Arris

Lev Arris Byte Poster

Because the government funding is to bridge the skills gap in this country. Thus if you already have a degree then you are deemed skilled enough.

The money is made through the NVQ course as this is the only part I believe the government actually fund.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCSA (270,290,291)
    WIP: CCNA ..Global Domination