Zenos Course

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Queeg, Feb 13, 2008.

1. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

press the quote button and type your reply after the [/quote] bit

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  2. Mr Machfisto

Mr Machfisto Nibble Poster

bit[/QUOTE] this time maybe

EDIT: Nearly

3. greenbrucelee

now you have to figure out multi quoting, using the button next to the quote button heh heh :p

4. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

MCSE in two years from scratch ? and you can't even use a forum to put in meta tags ? :rolleyes:

I actually agree with your point that people need to start somewhere, its just its not with a TP or with a cert thats designed to represent years of hard won work experience, when you don't have said experience...

5. Ryan

Ryan Byte Poster

make it 2

i nearly shelled out 2700 for an MCSE course untill i posted a topic on here asking for advice

i think you posted in it? 90% sure

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP:EA, Microsoft Certified Solutions Ascociate (2008), 70-662
  6. Ropenfold

Ropenfold Kilobyte Poster

:D
    I dunno what all the fuss is about Training Providers, I've sat through a few of their chats, mentioning no companies, its always the same, "we're only in the area for a couple of weeks", "The course might be full by next week," "Don't you think your future is worth investing in?", Its shocking really.

Personally I love the way the Mike Meyers books are written, They make me laugh, there's good analogies in them which make things easier to understand, theres a wealth of info on the web which is legit and if all I'm going to pay for through a training provider is a point and click GUI and an email address if I've got problems, I'd rather go with the Meyers books and if I've got problems you guys on here are always helpful :D

Certifications: BSC (Hons), A+, MCDST, N+, 70-270, 98-364, CLF-C01
    WIP: ISC2 CC, Security+
  7. greenbrucelee

Exactly, I couldn't have said it better myself :)

8. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Probably... I'm not shy about repeating myself. :p Heh!

So... if our advice helped, in some small way, with you two guys who decided to become part of the community... just think how many HUNDREDS (or thousands???) are helped who read, but do not post?

You don't know how many careers (and lives!) you guys are helping change by being living testimonies of what works and what doesn't. It's all worth the effort, guys. :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  9. wakky geek

wakky geek New Member

Just to clear things up, I'm not or was not trying to give a good OR bad impression of zenos. I only added the comments just to see wht you guys thought. (I MAY have misheard:rolleyes:-but iv never been known to have a 'fish-brain' :p lol)

However, some students at zenos have been giving some good reviews of the centre on the net too, BUT then there are also people claiming that many TP's area waist. Only thing you can really do is make your own mind up...
    Another thing to bare in mind is that Zenos has only been running for 2 years-so it is fairly new

10. simba7

simba7 New Member

Thanks for replyin wakky geek. What type of questions do they ask? And what will I have to wear? I got a black half sleeved shirt with a tie. Its my first interview so have no idea.

And also it said on the letter i received through the post that I should bring a reference from my previous college. Do I have to? Cant get hold of my teacher.

11. wakky geek

wakky geek New Member

No Problem
    The questionsed asked are nothing hard really lol. They only really ask s few questions just to see what kind of person you are and how YOU would go around doing things. e.g. If your in the middle of the city and loose all money and mobile what would YOU do? (just awnser them seriously, even if its obvious) they many also ask some standard qs (how was ur school? teachers? wht u done with computers? etc...)

As it says on the letter any smart, just not trakies or jeans lol. shirt n tie is fine

LOL, don't worry. It was also my first and i was kinda :confused3 how is it going to go??? But it will be fine

Ermmm that is one problem (but don't think it will be anything major). If you just tell them you couldnt get one and that your 'sorry', they'll probably just ask more questions just to see what kind of person you are.

12. greenbrucelee

The richer you look the more they'll charge you :D

13. ZenosITAcademyAP

ZenosITAcademyAP New Member

Sorry chaps - I have been using those figures since I worked for the UK Universities Careers Services Unit (now Graduate Prospects) and since I left four or five years ago it has jumped to a massive 40% of computing graduates actually in employment in IT - http://tinyurl.com/4nxozn - hardly figures the universities should be proud of. I'll be happy to correct my colleagues on this updated figure, though.
    We stand by the other figure quoted - around 85% of our graduates have found jobs since they completed the training. And the training is funded by the government for young people - aged 16-18 - so we don't charge for this.

14. greenbrucelee

what type of jobs, dead end ones or ones where they actually get a career?

And don't give me that crap about 37k a year in their first job because its not true.

15. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

This looks like bogus statistics manipulation to me.

The link you posted shows IT graduates in 2004 as approx 85% in work or further study. Some people choose to do higher degrees like MSc's or PHd's, this does not necessarily indicate poor job prospects.

So 80-85% is wroughly equivalent which is probably what you'd expect for people who take one of the two paths and have no experience, note it does not indicate how much faster a degree candidate may advance.

The 40% figure shows the people in 'IT', this figure could be bogus for many reasons, if I work in the IT department of a legal firm which box do I tick on the form ? So it does not necessarilly mean vast numbers of IT grads are making presentations and using powerpoint ;) Also one should bear in mind that there are many combined IT degrees, their purpose is by definition to target an industry, IT & Business, IT & Chemistry etc. It should be no surprise that people which combined degrees might go into another discipline, quite of their own chosing, not because they don't have any prospects in IT.

I would expect a determined graduate to be able to land every one of the jobs the Zenos candidates landed, if they wanted to and were prepared to take the level of pay on offer. The inference that the market value of a couple of certs earned in a few months outweighs a degree is quite wrong in mine and most employers opinions.

16. simba7

simba7 New Member

Thanks Wakky Geek. I Got into Zenos woohoo. I got 19 out of 20 for the Numerical test. 1 question i was unsure about. I asked about the MCSA and she said you will have to pay for that as it isnt government funded yet. So its just the MCDST.

Thanks again for your help.

17. greenbrucelee

You shouldn't be doing the MCSA anyway uless you have experience in Network admininstration.

18. LabelD

LabelD New Member

Zenos is a 5 month course
    Offers the following: MCDST,A+, NVQ Level3, ADITP, N+ course but no the exam.
    Everyone knows how long these take in college etc.
    Zenos helps you find jobs but also you have to look yourself.
    Fantastic support off the trainers

In the interview they will ask you problem solving question e.g. what would you do if your power went off in your house and you was the only one in.

Everything is free!!
    So i reccommend going to Zenos

19. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hmm something for nothing.

I think we should asll apply and post the results here. :dry

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  20. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

So, which one of your tutors or the business owners recommended that you should come here and post this glowing praise?

I recommend that you go and read the Rules and Guidelines of the forum again (like you did when you joined). I'd especially recommend that you pay attention to the part about training providers.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685