Your Desktop Screenshots

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Neall, Sep 22, 2005.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Right I now have my second 19" LCD screen...and my God I am enjoying this nice widescreen desktop I have. However does anyone know of a website where I can get wallpapers that go across two screens to join as one? Am sure u all know what I mean...just look at Agent Smith's shot...something like that...in fact Agent Smith where did u get that one from? Thanks...:D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

http://www.plasmadesign.co.uk/

It's £7 for lifetime membership and they have loads of cool desktops including dual monitor disaplays, high-res and widescreen stuff.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Thanks Baba...I was there earlier today cos I thought I remember it from being there before. I will certainly sign up (£7 for a lifetime membership...u cant go wrong can u?) Cheers mate...:biggrin

4. Baba O'Riley

No worries. I think I mentioned it before. Possibly in this very thread.

5. Affirmation

Affirmation Bit Poster

Hello guys,

...here is
    mine

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I think this one is a keeper for my hardware Debian box.

Attached Files:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Well I thought I would be the first to show you one of the features of Vista of which I so love...certainly wipes the floor with Mac OS X...no competition if u ask me (altho I would like to see what Leopard will bring!! Thats OS X 10.5 for those who dont know.) but please enjoy this shot...by the way its called Flip3D (enabled by holding Winkey+tab and using scroll mouse or arrow keys to move between windows) and the wallpaper is from Plasma Design spread over two 19" LCD screens...:biggrin

Attached Files:

8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well I was about to post my new screenshot but its too big to fit so I will resize it and post it here soon...

9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Oh what a shame, no pics with Noel's blog today :twisted:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Haha thanks Bluerinse...anyway I have decided to put the link instead of my shot...here you can see that Yahoo Widgets is working on Vista...took a while to work but its on there...and how cool does Windows Media Player 11 look? :biggrin

11. Baba O'Riley

Nice one Noel, I haven't bothered trying out WMP 11 yet, is it any good?

I notice that you're using a dual monitor set up too. I don't know if works with Vista, but I use a program called Ultramon on my XP box that, amongst other things, extends your taskbar across all your monitors. I find it very useful. Give it a go.

12. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Baba put it this way WMP 11 wipes the floor with iTunes :twisted: and all other previous WMPs...I love it so much...the interface is just so much better than WMP 11 on XP...as it has the Glass/Aero effect...very nice...and I like the sound of this Ultramon...I am wanting to extend the taskbar over both screens...I will test it on XP Home and XP Pro and then give it a bash on Vista and if it works no doubt another screenshot will be on its way here soon...and yes I am using two 19" LCD screens...I did ask my graphics to go for the extended mode but it makes windows spread over both screens and that didnt help when I got this split between both displays...so lets hope Ultramon does its job for me as it did for you mate...:biggrin

13. Baba O'Riley

I found it quite a chore to set up Vista as a dual monitor setup and get it how I wanted it.
    Ultramon lets you do just about anything. You can have different wallpapers and screen savers on each monitor, spread windows to fill both monitors that kind of thing. I couldn't use a dual monitor setup without it TBH.

14. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well am going to give it a bash on all 3 OSes and let u know how it went...:biggrin

15. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

I must be the only person I know who is enjoying the features of Vista...here is a shot showing the Flip3D but as you can see I was watching the England match...it amazes me how the video was still playing as in the Flip3D mode...

Attached Files:

16. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

It looks cool, why all the clocks on your desktop though? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  17. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Just like to keep track of time Sparky...ever watched Back To The Future? not yet got me Flux Capacitor but am getting there...:biggrin

18. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Don't forget to draw up the plans on toilet paper :D

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  19. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

in my room as we speak wizard...:D