You know when you are old….

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Sparky, Nov 24, 2012.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

…when you pick up a CD you bought 15 years ago!

Took the wife out for lunch today, good food and a few beers and wine. The wife has just turned in so I thought a would get a few tunes going with yet more beers.

Picked up a few Ministry of Sound CDs and put them on (good times!) only to find I purchased them back in 1997!! They still rule….

I’m getting old but who cares, hope CF is having a fun weekend! :) :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    jk2447 likes this.
  2. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Na, it's when you find a tape you bought a little while ago, want to listen to it and remember that you haven't had a tape player for years :)

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
    Sparky and kevicho like this.
  3. Sparky

That did make me LOL :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  4. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

Couple of years ago, when working in retail. Once had this girl say to me she was looking forward to go out because they were playing old skool music in one of the clubs...........I assumed the music would be madness, bit of culture club........she was talking about oasis and blur:(

Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290
    Sparky likes this.
  5. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

I work in a town where there's a college so at lunch time there's always a bun fight for the last meal deal in the shop. Anyway I've started noticing that a lot of them where t-shirts for albums I bought when they first came out but said wearers were not even born..... I was cool once :cry:

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
    Sparky likes this.
  6. sheepluv

sheepluv Byte Poster

iron-maiden tshirts :biggrin

Certifications: CCNA | HND | 70-646
  7. Sparky

High 5 oppurtunity? :) :) Would be good for a laugh....

8. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Similar thing happened to me not long ago, except i do have a tape deck, but i had to get it out the loft :)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  9. Chris F

Chris F Bit Poster

I used to DJ at raves in the early nineties, didn't seem to long ago untill the other month when they had a 20th anniversary for a night i used to dj at :)
    Still got my turntables in the loft,and all of my vinyl. Apparently its worth a bit now.Well,so my 18 year old son tells me.
    Jeeeez i feel old.

WIP: A+ N+ S+ CCNA