YAY!! I passed!

Discussion in 'Linux+' started by Jellyman_4eva, Nov 11, 2005.

1. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

After some studying, and a little later than planned, I passed Linux+!

Scored 770 out of 900, needed 675 to pass so I am quite chuffed!!!

LOL

Onto bigger things! (Mac OS X 10.4 Support Essentials!)

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Way to go Jellyman! :biggrin

3. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Congrats on the pass.

Beer Time :alc

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  4. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

Cool! Congrats, and let us know how the Mac stuff goes! 8)

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Kewl, Jellyman. Well done. How was the test? Was it pretty much as you expected or were there surprises? (answer as best as your non-disclosure agreement allows).

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Nice one! :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Nice one, Jellyman - very well done (are you our first linux+ holder here, I wonder ? :blink )

:thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Way to go Jellyman. [​IMG]

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Excellent stuff, what material did you use to study for this one?

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  10. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Congratulations on passing the exam! :)
    That's great news! :respct

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  11. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

Thank you all for your congrats (Its why I do it really lol!)

To answer some questions for you guys...

The test was about 80% what I expected, some of it was bread and butter stuff, and some of it was just stupid in my opinion..

I got a few questions on things like what is the best way to do things which in my opinion if you have all the options available to you the best way could have been any of them really.. it depends on how its all setup... so that kind of annoyed me..

There were very few questions on hardware (Which is good in my opinion, leave that to the A+) but there were lots of questions on permissions, calculating the effects of them, changing them etc

A fair few were on CLI commands such as mounting items, whilst others were about identifying parts of files for example explaining cron tables etc..

EDIT: After a quick re-read of message I would just like to say that what I have written above, and more can be downloaded by anyone wanting to do Linux+, go to CompTIA's site and download the Linux+ pdf which tells you in quite a bit of detail what you need to know!

The book I used to study for this is the Linux+ 2005 In Depth by Jason W. Eckert and M. John Schitka bought from Amazon... Its a fairly comprehensive book really for the beginner, I recommend it.

Having a system or virtual machine next to it makes a pretty good learning lab, I ran with Fedora Core 2 for a while, because that is what the book makes reference to, but eventually upgraded to Fedora Core 4 because it supported my system better (Automatically sorted sound and mobility radeon graphics in my case)...

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots