xp install problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by moominboy, Aug 26, 2005.

1. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

hi folks.i installed xp last night from a recovery disc and everything seemed to be ok, but this morning , as i'd removed the disc, it wouldn't boot up! am i being thick and the recovery disc doesn't contain all the relevant info? im a newbie, be gentle!

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

1st question must be is the recovery disc the correct one for your machine. A lot of these discs are proprietry and will only work on the machine they are supplied with.

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. moominboy

actually no , it isn't but im on using it just now thru xp so...? it was only when i booted up this morning?

4. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

But it's booted now, strange. Have you tried rebooting again to see if it will restart, shutting it down and then turning it back on again, just to test if it will?

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  5. moominboy

sorry, should've explained better. i had to re-insert the disc to get it going again, and even then it took its sweet time doing anything. im just about to re-bott without the disc and see what i can see.