XP GPO question

Discussion in 'Software' started by Jellyman_4eva, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Jellyman_4eva

Jellyman_4eva Byte Poster

Hi all,

I have recently setup a laptop for someone and then shipped it to them (They are offsite), however I now have moved the PC to a different OU because they have changed role and need different software etc...

Now they have a network link to us back here, but for some reason the new polciies as a result of the computer move are not being applied, I have run gpresult and gpupdate /force /sync etc on the client PC several times, and have run the GPMC Modelling Wizard also which confirms what the user should now get as policies, however the client still does not pick it up!

He is not "Connected over a slow link" so this is not affecting it, the only thing I can think of is if the client is logging on using cached credentials or something or are there certain ports needed for Group Policy to work etc?

Certifications: MCDST, MCITP-EDST/EDA/EA/SA/ MCSA 2K3/2K8, MCSE+M 2K3/2K8, ISA/TMG, VCP3/4, CCNA, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, A+, N+, L+, Sec+, Ser+, JNCIA-SSL, JNCIS-SSL
    WIP: Lots
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Wired or wireless?

Is the network link back to the DC always on?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!