XL Graduate Placement Limited

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by richie3334444, Mar 15, 2011.

1. richie3334444

richie3334444 Bit Poster

Hi there, i came across this company today on http://www.prospects.ac.uk/ that seem to offer IT placements for graduates of varying length. They are based in newcastle but offer placements nationwide in the UK. I did a quick google search to find further info but nothing came up so i was wondering if anyone has heard of this company before? I am concerned that this may be another dishonest company like FDM training

they can be found at http://www.xlgraduateplacement.co.uk/index.html

thanks

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

The site looks ok, and the spiel seems relatively legit. So long as they aren't asking you to pay for anything (eg training, or "the opportunity"), then there is nothing to lose really.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. coolc

coolc Nibble Poster

yeah i guess, looks good, so hard to find work these days.

4. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

CoolC what exactly do you bring to the table mate? None of your posts have any substance and it's a little odd. It's almost as if you're posting just to increase count because you never really express an opinion on anything or offer any sort of advice, so why do you actually spend your time posting and not just reading?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  5. Gav

Gav Kilobyte Poster

Don't quote me on this, but I believe .ac.uk is a restricted domain so Joe the Scammer couldn't easily register one. Looks legit :D

6. alexdc12

alexdc12 Kilobyte Poster

Certifications: GNVQ Advanced IT, CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+, 70-680
    WIP: 70-685, ITIL v3 Foundation
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I agree you have nothing to loose. Give them a ring and if they ask for money or training then hang up.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011