xbox one

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by shadowwebs, May 21, 2013.

1. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

So, the console details have been released today on the xbox one, what are your thoughts?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I've had a PS2, Xbox, three Xbox 360s, two dying as they used to do and a PS3. I didn't think much about it until you asked but looking at it it's highly likely I would have bought a PS4 and Xbox One. Looking at them however, I'm tempted to just get an Xbox One now as they are closely matched but the Xbox seems more what I'm after. A top gaming console but a home media hub too. That plus no one can match the Kinnect IMHO, it's pretty cool and will no doubt have some cool features on the One.

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

I saw a bit of the announcement yesterday, and really liked the look of it as a living room entertainment hub. I'm not much of a gamer so i doubt the cost will make it worthwhile though.

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I think it looks horrible personally. Not to my taste at all, but lets see what the PS3 looks like and what features they each announce at E3, I think that will be when you will really be able to make a decision one way or the other.

Personally I've had all previous consoles, but the PS3 won out over the 360, simply preferred gaming on it, also prefer the looks and doesn't seem to have half as many failures as the dreaded RROD on the 360.

I'll try and keep an open mind for the new range, although I do like the idea on the PS4 or having the entire Playstation back catalogue available to download, but see how it's costed before I get too excited about it. Lol.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  5. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I dunno.. I dont like the having to have the kinect sensor bar to play element.. if that breaks then your console wont function properly.. so now you have to worry about the console and kinect sensor..I probs wont get it.. it'll cost a load of money I dont have, n tbh I dont understand why they would bring it out this year when they have the much awaited GTA5 hitting the 360 late this year too.. unless they are going to keep the 360 in the pipeline and still pushout games for it but it wouldnt make sense.