WWE wrestler kills family and himself

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

As a big pro-wrestling fan myself this is a really shocking incident but one i'm sure has less to do with wrestling but more to do with the psycological make up of Benoit. Even if he was on steroids it become very clear that this was not a rage induced attack but a calculated act that took place over 2-3 days.

As a wrestler there were/are no many better than Chris Benoit and for that I'll miss his talents in the ring. As for what he did to his family there will never be a justification for what he did and that will be his lasting legacy.

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  2. SilverWolf

SilverWolf Bit Poster

Back in 1994 a Steroid scandal nearly took Vince McMahon and the WWE/WWF down. Hulk Hogan testified to using steroids for 12-13 years of his life before WWE/WWF but never actually said the WWE/WWF were allowing wrestlers to. I guess after whats happened the WWE will now be under investigation again. And explain why over the last 10 years 50-60 people involved in the industry have died before they reach 50!
    As for the McMahon car bomb storyline in the WWE Vince has dropped the plot and come out of hiding to deal with all this. On WWE Raw on Monday night he stood alone in what should have been a sold out arena after cancelling thousands of tickets to host a Memorial 3 hour event for Chris Benoit. Where his close friends spoke out about him. Including Chavo Guerrero who I believe was the person Chris rang and texted prior to the double murder/suicide. I think the 300 plus days a year on the road from one state to the next across the globe mixed with a divorce case/possible custody dispute and past demons came back not just to haunt him but his family which are now dead.
    Fanatical said "As a wrestler there were/are no many better than Chris Benoit and for that I'll miss his talents in the ring. As for what he did to his family there will never be a justification for what he did and that will be his lasting legacy".
    Mate that about sums it up in a nut shell!

Cheers

WIP: CIW1D0-510, CIW1D0-520, CIW1D0-525
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Sounds like Dr Nick Riviera from the simpsons is based on real people.

But I think (and could be wrong) no one can build muscles like those guys have without taking some sort of illegal steriods, and because they are illegal they obviousley are not checked for the mental side effects they could cause wether phsycotic or mental retardation.

Also Drugs in this business will be common place, I remember a few months back when the wrestler Rob Van Damm was arrested for havind a 2 pounds of Marajuana in his car (I think thats about 16 ounces for us British) BTW he was stripped of his current WWE title after his arest but they made it look like he had lost it for other reasons.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Unfortunately I think that the whole fragile X thing is just a way of people trying to rationalise the death of a 7 year old boy. Even if that is the case then he still killed a perfectly healthy woman for whatever reason.

I don;t think the steroids made him do it, thousands of people take steroids every day and for long periods of time. Hell, we all know that a large portion of pro-wrestlers are juiced 365 days a year but they just don;t go and kill their family becuase of it.

Sure a few have taken their own lives but thats also not because of the drugs but because of the pressure they face. You could say it about almost any job, there are just people who can't take the pressure. The WWE doesn't force people to juice up its just a sad fact of the industry that pro-wrestlers have to appear larger than life, most of the guys who make it to the top will at least have tried steroids of growth hormones at some point.

I doubt the WWE will be investigated so soon after Eddies death but I know one thing; the media will be gunning for them because their are people out there with a hard on for pro-wrestling and want to destroy it.....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA