World Cup Draw...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by CliffG, Dec 9, 2005.

1. jackbauer

jackbauer Bit Poster

non of these teams stand a chance against the best of the best brazil.

all these teams will get hammard in every game by them.

come on BRAZIL. :cheers :alc :rocks

by the way england has as much chance of winning the world cup as iran. :behead

and as for austraila they seem to have as much chance as the saudi's. :twisted:

Certifications: NVQ3 for IT Professionals.
    WIP: ITP, N+, Security +, CCNA, MCP
  2. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Umm, are these people supposed to be good or something?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  3. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

are you serious nugget (about the lack of soccer knowledge)? what country are you from?

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  4. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

erm... didn't the scottish and english teams give brazil a scare a few years back mate? far enough, top quality players/team etc, but no team is invincible, hence the term "giant killers" ! lol! :tongue

come on the roos!

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  5. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I think Nugg's pretending to hide under a rock. Even if you don't follow football, the media hash surrounding the World Cup is inescapable.

I don't follow a domestic team, but I love the international games. I've very blurred memories of the Argentina game in 2002. Carling were doing the promotion to get T-Shirts, hats, etc. 15 pints in one day is a scary total for any woman. It's never taken me that long to crawl home since.

I think that if England are ever going to win this thing, they have to do it with their current team. They've got an awesome blend of young talent and old heads that (will hopefully) remain calm. Terry, Cambell, Robinson, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Rooney, Owen, Beckham... it'll be a long time coming if these guys can't emulate '66.

There's the World Cup from a female standpoint. Nugg, get a grip!! :p

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA