Working towards LPI Level 1 and LPI Level 2

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by purana, Oct 11, 2011.

1. purana

purana Nibble Poster

Completed LPI Level 1 Exam 101 today, will do Exam 102 in the next 4-6 weeks so I can complete the LPI Level 1 cert. Will work on Level 2 in the new year.

Been a bit busy the last 6 or more months with new job and all, but I will round the year out with 5 CommVault Simpana certs and LPI Level 1 if I make the target.

Stay tuned more to come :)

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
    WIP: MCITP: EA, RHCE, OEL, RHCVE
  2. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Congrats. I always fancied going for that myself. More as a rough guide to mastering *nix than to gain another cert

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  3. purana

purana Nibble Poster

I figured why the hell not, as I gave the advice to a friend who is a newbie. And I thought I should do it too, as I have used Linux on/off since about 1996 or so.

It will allow me to reflect I have those skills from my experience. Besides good revision for when I get around to RHCE if I can get work to pay (or send me etc).

Although I spoke with my wife and I am thinking of paying to do one of the VCP courses that one must do to be able to sit an exam to get the VCP4 (or VCP5 when its sorted out in the new year). Based on the possible VCP4 courses required, which one would prove the most value. Since you only need 1 of them to be eligible for the exam, rest of the revision is off your own back I am guessing. I have experience too.

I mentioned to my boss I was keen to pay for the a course to get me eligible for the VCP exam and he seemed keen to discuss. If they pay some of it cool, if not think I will still pay and tackle it, will make me valuable going forward for other areas/roles/skills ;)

Certifications: MCTS x 6, MCITP x3, ITILv3 Foundations, LPIC-1, LPIC-2, Novel CLA, CommVault Simpana 9
    WIP: MCITP: EA, RHCE, OEL, RHCVE