Working Abroad

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by flex22, Jun 14, 2004.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Apparently mattwest was learning Spanish, so wondered whether he was cosniderign working in Spain any time soon.And if so, in what companies.

Nugget lives out of his native country, so just wondered what this is like, for him, and any others.

What obstacles have you encountered, if any.Is it more positive than negative.

Does anybody else here wish or is thinking about workign abroad.

Are their better opportunities in toehr countries, or is everywhere the same.

2. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

I was thinking about emigrating to Canada. Looked on the canadian emigration website and did a self essesment and came up short buy a couple of points...:( but I would like to work in an english speaking foreign country for a year or two at least but it maybe more trouble than its worth by the looks of some of the rules...:x

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

I easily have enough points to goto Aus
    but i ended up in the states!
    much more hassle here i assure you

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Flex, my choice was basically made for me when I met a Swiss girl. For me it's not so much like working in a foreign country as adopting a new life. I left Oz in 95, spent a year living/moving around in Switzerland and the UK, then came here and settled down. I picked up the language quickly and have integrated quite well. Some people say I'm more swiss than some swiss people. It's all a matter of attitude and I think this has helped me more than anything else. As a monkey on the lower branches of the tree, I can't pick and choose for who and where I work like the people in the upper management positions. I make the best of what I have. You would also have to assess your reasons for moving to a new country.

Are you thinking about moving or just wondering what it's like?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Just wondering really for now, you know getting a grasp of people's experiences.

I'm still young and haven't got a job in IT yet, so no mad rush.

All depends on what opportunities I see.

Just curious, is all :D