woohoo got through to second stage!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by glytch, Nov 1, 2005.

1. glytch

glytch Nibble Poster

I don't know who threw the premature chicken coz it happened so fast, it came from an open window of a moving car or van so nobody saw anything. bastads.

Just got home after the interview! It went really well, all I can say is thank gawd for Mike Meyers!! the boss man got his chief techy guy to come and 'test' me . things like event viewer, disk management, virtual memory, ipconfig, dns management, cat5 cable maximum length and more came up. I was able to answer most straight away, the laptop was in front of me and it was nice being able to jump straight to the right section mostly with keyboard shortcuts or dos commands from the run prompt.

they even said they were impressed as they had other people in with oodles of qualifications and couldn't do half the things they ask, they just looked blank. yey for me!!

I have to wait now for the person who I would report to, to come back from Oz so I can meet with him, I have to give some more detail of what I did in previous jobs and I have to be able to give some references which shouldn't be a problem - I'll probably call my old bosses up and ask them nicely or throw in a threat or two ;)

fingers crossed I should get it, a good positive sign was the tour of the facilities on the way out and how the boss talked like I had already got the job ie. "you'll be reporting to him so I'd like his input before you start" and "when you start, to get into the er uhh, I mean if you were to get the job you would have to go here first" and so on.

I might even be able to finish the A+ book and take the exam before the guy gets back which will add a point or two.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Certifications: none yet
    WIP: CompTIA A+
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sounds like a topper, Andy - well done. Fingers crossed ..... :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Sounds great, Andy. Good luck. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Sure does, you did well in the interview mate!

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Just caught up with this one. Sounds like you're the man for the job mate. Good luck. :thumbleft

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. glytch

glytch Nibble Poster

woohoo ! thanks so much everyone although I'll be crushed if I don't get it now! :oops: I'll have to move to Manila and make envelopes.

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

No worries. Not that I wish bad for you but everyone here has interviewed for a job and not gotten it...even when they felt hopeful. We'll let you stay in your digs and keep on plugging away. :wink:

8. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

All the best to you, glytch! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  9. glytch

glytch Nibble Poster

I can't believe it! the bloody agency messed up big time.
    I was told i would be contacted when the manager of the company came back from hols on the 27th. the 28th and 29th went by and no word, I phoned the agency that got me the interview and it turns out that the guy who was dealing with my file had left the company. No-one got to take over his files until a week later and by then, the company had tried to contact me but couldn't because the CV the agency sent them didn't have my contact details on it and all calls had to go through them.

I phoned the company direct and had a nightmare locating the director, I eventually got through to someone who heard that the position had been filled.

shite

I totally had that job, I'm gutted. what a shite agency.

:cry:

10. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

That sucks! :x

Try and keep your head up though. There will be other opportunities out there.

8)

11. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

What a rotten turn out. Tell the agency to take a flying leap through a rolling donut. At least you know you made the grade. Next time for sure. :thumbleft

12. glytch

glytch Nibble Poster

thanks guys! It's not too hard a blow, my affiliate site made me over a grand last month :cheers so I might go full time into that and forget agencies and interviews. Wont make my missus happy though, she wants me to get a proper job!
    I'm still studying though, it's great to know all this info!

Andy

13. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Sorry to hear it glytch - at least you've got some better news to balance it with.

Hmmm, now was that the sound of me remembering why I detest agencies, aka the masters of p1$$ing you around ?!! :dry

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  14. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I am a strong believer in fate. If it's not meant to be, well then so be it. Other opportunities will crop up and they will be good.

Stay positive mate 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  15. arisen

arisen Byte Poster

Staggering Muppetry!!!

Hate 'em, absolutely dispise 'em. Stay away from agencies if you can help it i say.

Certifications: BEng, PRINCE2, ITIL, Net+
    WIP: MSc, Linux+ 2009, RHCE
  16. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Better luck with the next job opportunity, glytch! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  17. glytch

glytch Nibble Poster

thanks for your support everyone!
    It really helps.

Andy

18. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

BTW...how are the eyes (and the rest of your face)? Have you healed up ok, Andy?

19. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sorry to hear about the ****-up but if you stay in touch with the company the job might become available again.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  20. glytch

glytch Nibble Poster

thanks Trip, I'm fine now although, I keep gettng flashes of white light moving up my peripheral vision, not sure if it's too much monitor usage or I'm just going mad. probably both :eek:

thanks for your concern mate, I got a brand new swanky helmet now so it can't happen again. if it does, I got my beating stick ready!