Wonder who will pass last for A+ 2003??

Discussion in 'A+' started by derkit, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Rosie1

Rosie1 Byte Poster

Good luck guys. I'm sure you'll be fine. I took both my exams the same day. If I can do it, anyone can!

Rgds

Rosie :thumbleft

Certifications: A+, CIW foundation
    WIP: CIW Site Designer
  2. VantageIsle

VantageIsle Kilobyte Poster

Likewise mate, I'm about to call it quits for the day. Only so much info my poor noggin' can handle:blink

Certifications: A+, ITIL V3, MCSA, MCITP:EST, CCENT, 70-432-SQL, 70-401 SCCM
    WIP: MCSA upgrade MCITP:SA then EA
  3. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I would have given up earlier than I did but we had the invasion of the girlfriends' parents :blink don't they understand some of us have things to do!!

Eventually gave in at 11pm - sat at work now.... quiet.... should have brought those notes in!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  4. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

I think i'll be last as I've yet to book my OS exam and study my ass off. On the other hand I did propse to my GF the other day so i may have other things on my mind! :biggrin #

back to the books me thinks.....

Certifications: A+, MCDST
    WIP: MCITP: SA
  5. robbo1962

robbo1962 Byte Poster

Don't leave it too long Fanatical, i wanted to sit it this week but couldn't get a time to suit at all and am having to wait until June 21 before i can fit it in.

Certifications: A+
  6. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I booked mine about 4 weeks in advance as its easier for me to do a weekend test with work in the way during the week - as robbo1962 said - book now otherwise all the slots will go and you'll miss the deadline - don't want that after all of the hard work :eek:

BTW - I'm assuming her answer was positive :biggrin :biggrin
    Congratulations!

7. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

Indeed! Otherwise I'd be stuffing the cert and been in the boozer! Going to book the test for the 21st of june which then gives me a week or so to prepare incase I fail it.

Just got get the darn stuff in my head. Going to re-read myers with a note book and then study that book any spare minute and use my exam prep in the last week to relly sharpen my skills. I want to get over 600 as the lowest I get to pass as I did so well on my hardware exam...

8. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

damn right - crack that whip :-)

9. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

I downloaded the OS objectives which were actually very helpfull as they list a lot of the programs and files they want you to know about so have just been ticking off the ones I know and researching the ones I don't. Very usefull stuff so I'd recomend it to everyone....

10. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Alright - hows it going then? I'm 5 days away now - got 70% on transcender for core last night, feeling a bit more comfortable but not ready yet.

11. VantageIsle

I'm about 80% average on the Total tester exams (but they are only 50 questions at a time)...... done the 3 practice exams on proprofs and passed them (but a lot of the questions on them are out dated, loads on damn modem codes)

exam is tomorrow evening, gonna do a practice test tonight. Tomorrow I plan to read through my notes (I have booked the day off) and hope for the best!

keep plugging away guys:D

12. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

booked my Os exam for the 21st at 10am... am now bricking it again as I'm only getting 540 on my VNP test prep and around 65%-70% on the Meyers test questions...

Still, I printed off the objective and am using them to create a little study bible with the definitions of the files and programs they have on there.

13. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I felt comfortable on Sunday evening, but have been going through Exam Cram 2 and have been getting 70-80% - comfortable was gone back to being unsure now :(

14. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Same to you - and good luck for tomorrow!! :D

15. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Dont worry too much mate, I had the same sort of thing when I was coming upto my A+ Essentials exam, I was getting 80% on Transcender and then suddenly got 67%, hit me hard but it happens, I found I was rushing and not reading the questions properly, but it could be a number of things.

I got a 835/900 on the real test, so dont panic over it!

Good luck with your exam guys, i'll have my fingers crossed for yas :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  16. VantageIsle

cheers guys, it went ok (see my other post) and my fingers crossed for you all still to take exams.

17. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Nice one - one successful person.... think I'm next on Saturday PM.

Vantage - reading your other thread SCSI is my weakest area too :(

18. Fanatical

Fanatical Byte Poster

I got zero questions on SCSI on my hardware exam, not a single one! trying to get the minimum specs into my head for the OS's which sucks because i totally didn't manage that for the CPU's for the Hardware exam but I only got 1 question on it in the end!

19. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Alright then - here we are, todays the day!!
    Had a good nights sleep, just 6 hours to kill before the exam.... time for a bit of last minute revision!
    :D

Thats me done - got 86% on a transcender test - if I don't know it now - I won't learn it in 2 hours!

20. VantageIsle

Best of Luck mate, I'm sure you will do fine.