Wireless QOTD for June 25th

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by tripwire45, Jun 25, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Keith is a wireless network technician who works for a firm that specializes in setting up WLAN infrastructures for small to medium sized businesses. He is making a presentation to a potential customer who knows very little about wireless networks. In Keith’s presentation, he shows the customer a wireless bridge and describes some of the capacities of the device. Of the choices below, which ones match up with this type of device? Choose all that apply.

A. Point-to-Point
    B. Point-to-Multipoint
    C. Half-duplex
    D. Full-duplex
    E. Layer 2
    F. Layer 3
    G. Layer 4

Answer later

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. punkboy101
    Honorary Member

punkboy101 Back from the wilderness

Gonna take a wild guess on this one, A B C D E F

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: Nada
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

You seem to be the one, loyal fan of this QOTD. No one else likes wireless?

4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Answer time. Sorry, Punkboy. Not today. Correct answer is ABCE. Typical WLAN devices are always half-duplex and Layer 2. More later...for my one, loyal fan. :( :wink:

5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Trip, maybe if you held back with the answers for a couple of days others might join in the fun. According to my screen, you posted the answer at 5:45am and Punboy posted his reply at 2:14am. As I sit here having just got up and made my first coffee for the day, it is 8:30am. So, most of this thread happened whilst I was bye byes :(

You know I like questions and I think yours are excellent btw, so could you give us time zone challenged peeps a break?

Keep up the good work!

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Good thought, Pete. I usually try to post my QOTDs consistant with forum (and thus UK) time since it seems to be the schedule used by most of the members...after all, the vast majority of them live more or less in the same time zone.

Usually, I try to put them up around midnight forum time (that's about 5 p.m. my time) and answer no earlier than 8 p.m. the same day forum time (about 1 p.m. the following day for me). That gives everyone a full work day plus part of the evening to get a shot in. I have no problem leaving the QOTD up longer but I was getting the occasional impatient post saying "So what is the answer, Trip?". <sigh>
    I assume that's Saturday morning. It's still Friday afternoon here. You must be about an hour later than Tokyo time (I keep that in mind for obvious reasons). I'm thinking about what to make for dinner and who'll be home to eat it. Ah the joys of a multinational, multitimezone forum. :D