Wireless & pre exam stress!!

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by Rich165, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Rich165

Rich165 Bit Poster

Hi all,

As promised, I'd throw a real dull question into the mix.
    I'm hoping to take my CCNA in a week or so's time, I generaly feel ready however seeing as this is my first Cisco exam I have little idea what's coming?

So far I've been studying Todd Lammle's book and reading exam cram questions and all seems good....until I re-read the Wirless chapter of my book!! The problem is as a prospective CCNA are you expected to remember all the variants of 802.11abcd-howmanystandards-efghi, their bandwidth and potential range??:blink

Cheers
    Rich

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP Server 08 & Exch07, CCNA, CCNA Sec
    WIP: ...everything else!!
  2. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

You need to know about which ranges are overlapping and also how to successfully move from one access point to another without loosing connection.

Anything more than that is covered in the Wireless Route I believe.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  3. Rich165

Rich165 Bit Poster

...thanks Craigie, I think my shredded nerves should be ok if that's whats needed :S
    My exams booked for Monday....anyways back to the studying!!

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP Server 08 & Exch07, CCNA, CCNA Sec
    WIP: ...everything else!!