wireless connection dramas

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by moominboy, Oct 13, 2005.

1. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

totally forgot about this thread!

cheers wiz, i did have a look in ZA but no joy, and neall, pc-modem via ether is fine all the time, but with the router invloved ether/wireless the connection still drops away and needs re-booting.

i tried to change the WEP, disable it everything and i can't seem to get back into the router's config to see whats there since the initial install. even after i re-installed XP.

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. Neall

Neall Byte Poster

Try getting your hands on another router if possible and try that.

Stranger things have happened.

Neall

3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

If you want to re-configure the router, you will need a direct cable connection to it. Then re-set the router to factory defaults, there is usually a small hole where you stick a paper clip or something like that. It will remove all settings you have entered and you will be able to access it using the default IP address in a browser, as per the routers manual. Your PC will need to be set to obtain an IP address automatically. Then set it up as desired (no WEP) and you should be sorted.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

ah! seen! ebay router= no instrutions!

ok, so i'm going to go and play with it again but i still don't see why the connection would be up and then just drop away?

thanks again bluerinse.

Certifications: ECDL
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Does the router show all atached devices , Dave ? What about the diagnostics and/ or router status info pages (or equivalent ) ?

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity