WINNING NOTIFICATION / FINAL NOTICE

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by jacket, Jul 7, 2004.

1. jacket

jacket New Member

Hi,

This is the first time I post something. Hope it works.
    I've received a strange email. It says Yhat I won a big price.
    Has anyone seen this one before.

See text below:

ALLFLEX INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY NTERNATIONAL PRPRIZE AWARDDEPT.HOLLAND
    REFF:NDF/552678331/04 BATCH: 20/088/DSH/NL
    ATTN: LUCKY WINNER,

WINNING NOTIFICATION / FINAL NOTICE:
    We are pleased to inform you of the result of the of the ALLFLEX INTERNATIONAL LOTTERY programs held on the 5th of JULY 2004. Your e-mailaddress attached to ticket number 5289743695-59 with game Number 95421 drew lucky numbers 78,41,44,45,39,11 which consequently won. You have therefore been approved for a lump sum pay out of 150,000.00 Euro.(One Hundred and Fifty Thousand)CONGRATULATIONS!!................

2. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well I can honestly say I havent received anything like that but if I get something similar I dont believe it and just delete it. so I would advise the same mate...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Its pure SPAM, most 419 and lottery scams involve security companies or other financial institutions when committing their scams. Most of these companies were fraudulently created for the sole purpose of committing this crime.

Delete it!

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Got one of those myself tonight - bin it straight away, my friend.

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Not had this one but how would any lottery organisation know the name of winners when they are supposed to be annonymous?

A case of Big Brother is watching :ohmy

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

At the end of the day if you didn't enter it delete it. This is a known scam in the UK (Was on Watchdog not long ago) they conned people into thinking they won the dutch lottery and conned them into parting with money for supposide tax fees and admin costs then they never heard from them again. There is one major flaw supposidly there is no dutch lottery...:blink

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011