Windows Language

Discussion in 'Software' started by Fergal1982, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

i have a friend with a PC he bought from a dutch friend. this means that the language of the OS is in dutch. now it wasnt a problem since he only used it for web access, but now he's getting an error msg which he cant understand.

i was just wondering if its possible to change the actual OS language.

Fergal

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Hey Fergal, did you sort this out? Cant this be changed from within the Control Panel using the Regional Language options?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sorry Fergal but I think that unless the original cd was a multilingual version (and you have the cd) you're screwed and are stuck with having to learn dutch.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Wont there be a plug-in or patch you can download from MS that will allow this to be done ? :hhhmmm

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

well from my experience with a broadband customer I had earlier this year...he had Win XP in Swedish!!! and since he didnt know how to read it back in English (which I thought was odd if he is Swedish) I told him he'll have to find a way to change it to English as there was no where to change it in the Regional Settings...funny thing is I dont think he had one. but I reckon you should be able to but like Nugg says without the original CD you're done for....

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life