Windows 7 Anyone?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Gareth.Harle, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Gareth.Harle

Gareth.Harle Bit Poster

Windows 7 BETA will be officially released on Friday. Does anyone already have the BETA or plan to download it on Friday and what's the feeling on it?

I haven't used it but seen various screen shots and heard lots of comments. It sounds very much like what they wanted Vista to be.

Certifications: MCSA, MCT, MCITP:EST
    WIP: Not sure yet
  2. Johnd76

Johnd76 Megabyte Poster

If anyone wants to have a look at Windows 7...... http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/

Certifications: MCP, MCDST
    WIP: Not a thing
  3. Darkfunnyguy

Darkfunnyguy Byte Poster

You can download it tomorrow and it loads up OS and application as fast as XP, so I think this OS will be a success.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: Server+, Vista,
  4. Big_nath

Big_nath Kilobyte Poster

I saw an article that claimed it was even quicker than XP. I had a quick look at the pre-beta and it seem quite good.

Certifications: MCP, MCSA, MCSA:M, MCSE, MCTS
    WIP: A few
  5. Ozzy2k7

Ozzy2k7 Nibble Poster

If you have Technet or MSDN subscription you can download it now.

I'm downloading & will try it in a VM

WIP: A+ Network+
  6. Alex Wright

Alex Wright Megabyte Poster

Not online at home at the moment, but as soon as I am, I'll download it and test on a VM.

Little bit sceptical at this stage, hopefully it'll prove to be an improvement on Vista.

Certifications: 70-680 Configuring Windows 7
    WIP: 70-642
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

I have it now after downloading it from my technet subscription.

I tried installing it and all it did (at least in a vm) was a boot error.

Okay, I was installing it in vmware on my pc at home and this could be part of the problem. The other part could be the released version itself. It's not the first time I've had a problem with the 'normal' version. I've since downloaded the checked build and am currently installing it on my laptop (also in vmware) and it seems to be going okay so far. I'm also taking a movie of it as it installs so I'll probably put it up somewhere.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Sharepointengine

Sharepointengine Bit Poster

9. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

I've been using it for about a week and a half......can't really comment yet as I'm trying not to compare it to Vista.......which is really hard to do.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  10. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Does anyone else feel that Microsoft should of released this as a large patch for Vista instead of ripping Vista customers off with what is effectively Vista with a bit of gloss.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  11. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

XP, just Windows 2000 with a blue taskbar....

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation