Windows 2003 STD question

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by mseaney, Jul 20, 2005.

1. mseaney

mseaney New Member

I shall be getting my hands on a server with Windows 2003 Standard Edition soon. Could anyone tell me whether this would be useful for training on? Do any of the courses require use of something more than the Standard Editions? :eek:

Thanks
    Michael.

Certifications: none
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Standard will be fine
    clustering is the only think that might not be accomplishable on standard, but i dont recall it appearing in many exams

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. mseaney

mseaney New Member

Thanks for replying Phoenix! :D

Looks like it will get plent of use! :hammert

Michael.

P.S. This is one of the best forums I've been on! Replies are quick and helpful!!

Certifications: none
  4. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

we aim to please :)
    remember its a community, so anytime you think you can help someone, dont be afraid to jump in and suggest something, even if your unsure, were all wrong occasionaly, but its the effort that sets this place apart :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  5. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

That sould be more than plenty for you to play with without fear of really messing something up. And as stated before, clustering isn't supported in STD edition, but of my M$ exams, I think I've had TWO clustering questions.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+