Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by twizzle, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Heeey! It's just. different. I guess because facebook is for posting photos. Here, I prefer people to know me for my personality not judge me by how I look!!

Twizzle, it would be a disappointment anyway - just because someone has done pole for fitness purposes dancing it really doesn't mean that they are good looking - lol.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  2. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Who said anything about being good looking?? soem of the guys i work with would settle for "vaguely" female!

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

So... Facebook is where they can judge you by how you look, and not for your personality. :twisted:

care to give me a link? 8) heeheehee! :twisted:

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I agree, although the guy's house, does look like he has converted it into a gym. I just think he should of done photo's every week not before and after! (like every other website/diet scheme):rolleyes:

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

I checked out the site also and did have my doubts, but during the first section (Jan to May) he was doing 40-45min hard cardio each day, which I would have thought is plausable.

I had a blitz at eating less (cutting out rubbish) a few months back, and lost half a stone without any increase in exercise, and while my podge wasn't as big as his, I noticed mine decrease some what - others also noticed the lost 7 pounds. If I did that, as well as a good 20 mins cardio each day (which I managed to do a few summers ago for 3 months - just normal jogging around the local park) I went down to my lowest weight since I was 17/18 - about 1.25 stone less than I am now - so from my experience, it is doable, its just whether you can be bothered or can find the time...... unfortunately, for me its about a 50/50 spilt on these excuses :biggrin

The extra muscle and toned body...... I couldn't say whether thats plausable or not because I would get bored with trying to achieve it to find out (30 mins around the park, bored me to death nearly, let alone using weights for that length of time <yawn> :) )

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  6. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

I think thats teh great thing about Wii Fit, the games keep you interested in trying to keep fit. Me and teh g/f are always trying to out do each other in teh balance games, and we keep the same thing going with the Yoga and muscle exercises (though they arent really a contest).

Last night i got a wii fit age of 24, quite a drop from teh night before, so i don't know how accurate it is, but i did feel liek i was doing better last night, and some of my scores on teh games were higher. As to feeling better, apart from aches and pains in places, i do feel a little better. And for me, mr unhealthy, thats got to be good.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  7. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

The wii fit is a great bit of kit, fantastic family fun. This is going to be a hot seller this christmas.

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290