Wii Fit

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by twizzle, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Haha. Jealousy is a horrible thing. :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  2. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Yeah - that's cos you're male...and only 21! :D

My BMI is fine also. Been sporty for most of my life - slipped up a couple of years back though -dieted to lose it and ever since then been a bit obsessive about sticking to the lower end of the BMI scale (which unfortunately requires a bit more restriction!)

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ITIL v3, MBCS, others...
    WIP: BSc IT & Computing, RHCE
  3. skulkerboyo

skulkerboyo Megabyte Poster

Haha Q's I was exactly the same when i was 20-25. Could eat what I liked. Drink what i liked. Probably 9% bodyfat max then BANG my metabolism kick me up the backside and shifted in a new direction. i suddenly found things wobbled?!?!?!!?

Not saying its definately gonna happen to you but it might:twisted:

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
    WIP: 70-417
  4. Qs

In which case I have a suggestion. Join in on the IRL picture thread started by yours truely - here

Qs

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. Qs

Meh, my dads the same, as was his dad so I doubt it.

We'll see soon enough though :p

Qs

6. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Bless - at least you are ok now....and you can make up for it! :twisted:

7. skulkerboyo

Oh I most definately do

Certifications: MCITP:SA, MCSA 03, MCSA 08, MCTS(680+648),A+,N+,ITILV3 Foundation, ITIL Intermediate: Operational Support and Analysis
  8. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

2lb a month is really low.

I lost 2lb a week just by going on a 2 hour walk twice a week. I lost about three stone in total no diets or anything silly and its stayed off. If you want a low goal i would say 1lb a week, that's 52lb a year near on 4 stone, however, as you loose it will get harder to loose more so you have to increase exercise.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  9. supernova

I know someone who played normal games on the wii (not wii fit) for about 40mins a day and lost about 1lb a week. He did blog about it but i cant find it. he was about 40 years old.

10. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

So is pity; I'd rather be my weight than yours!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  11. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

Thanks but no thanks. Would feel a bit 'exposed'.
    Am in contact with some of the guys here on facebook, but that's kind of different.

12. Qs

Fair enough, each to their own :) We'll just assume that your avatar is an accurate representation :p

(I kid, I kid!!)

13. Leehaa

Leehaa Gigabyte Poster

.....:p

14. skulkerboyo

I remember that wii blog. I was impressed by his dedication. Be nice to see how its going

This is cool. Some guy takes a picture everyday for four years while he undergoes his transformation

http://www.johnstonefitness.com/all/front/d.php

He has his own fitness site now and did a good job by the looks of the last pic. Not my ideal body type but an impressive commitment and transformation

15. supernova

Looks suspicious, in such a sort time jan-may's photos ???

I bet you would have to work dam hard for that.

16. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

I think the Wii Fit will get a few folks off the sofa, any exercise is better than none. I don't really think you will get that fit with it though, come out running with me and do some real exercise!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  17. supernova

I agree

However if your overweight and really unfit like i was (some would say still :D ) the smallest amount makes a big difference to begin with.

18. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well as i'm lazy, i think 2lb in 2 month is enough. Its not that i'm that overweight, im in th elower portion of overweight on teh BMI and im not really unfit, but theres room for improvement.

Mind you i did eat 2 dohnuts, 4 sausage rolls and a packet of hard gums today.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  19. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yeah, cause it's impossible to expose yourself on Facebook. :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  20. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

If Leehaa is exposing herself on facebook, i'd liek some pictures if you can! I also know some guys at work that would liek some pics too...... :twisted:

I could stick on teh TV to gimme something to look at and encourage me to do the Wii fit. Mind you teh g/f waches me do it and might object then.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,