why do untalented and unskilled people get a head in IT

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by aushus, May 8, 2015.

1. Waqas Ahmed

Waqas Ahmed Nibble Poster

With all due fairness, it's not MASSIVELY out of reach, working for Microsoft (however it probably is out of reach for Aushus!). I've had friends who've worked at Cisco (and Cisco Brussels) as well as GSK, Eurocopter etc... I worked at a large company too, but what I learnt though from a non IT POV, and a self development POV, is that I'd now rather be at an SME, so I'm not basically pigeon holed. ie: Id rather work with lots of different things, instead of doing the same sort of thing day in/day out! :)
    ^ Or at least a large company that has the culture of an SME!

Well, jk2447 did talk about running for president,and not the PM, so there's still that to go for Aushus! :D

Word of advice for you. I may be only 22, compared to however old you guys are here, but I know that being humble gets you oh so far in life. Especially in IT. It's not an industry that is ruthless like say...investment banking. IT is heavily, heavily about teamwork, and you're going to actually go further, if you're a humble person, and not "haha I'm better than you" You'll soon meet people in life, that are much, much cleverer than yourself

Certifications: CCNA R&S
    WIP: CCNA ???
    JK2447 likes this.
  2. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

I'm gods gift to IT

No doubt and I will prove my point ;!

3. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

How?

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  4. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

@aushus I'm quickly switching from being understanding to thinking this is a wind up. No one would say what you've said there. It has to be a wind up

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    Jaron78 likes this.
  5. Apexes

Apexes Gigabyte Poster

i invented 64bit

#justsaying

Certifications: 70-243 MCTS: ConfigMgr 2012 | MCSE: Private Cloud
    Waqas Ahmed and Jaron78 like this.
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I was going to suggest someone think about banning him, as nothing constructive is brought to Certforums from these threads. But then I think that maybe, just maybe, a prospective future employer is going to conduct a bit of online research, see these threads, and realise they shouldn't hire the dude.

Aushus, all you're proving, is that you:

1) don't listen to and can't take constructive criticism
    2) don't work well in teams
    3) don't have any respect for your employers, current, past, or future
    4) don't have any respect for your peers
    5) have had some sort of humility bypass

Certforums is a community where folk are meant to contribute, bounce ideas and issues in the tech world off one another, and generally enjoy some banter. You are not contributing to this community; this place is full - and I mean full - of folks that are at the "hiring and firing" level, and most of us are sick of you throwing your toys out of the pram. You might think you're a technical whizz and who knows, under the blissfully ignorant husk currently cocooning your brain, you might be; but any talent you may have has been thoroughly diluted by the way you go about your discussions, and I don't know what you're trying to achieve by posting your vitriolic rants here.

Seriously, with the volume of posts we've now read about you and your non-career in IT, all you're doing now is trolling.

If you want to contribute to this community, then start doing it in other ways. If you want to whinge about how life is unfair and someone else has got all the cheese, go down the pub and do it; complain to your IRL friends.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
    Jaron78, SimonV, Kopite_21 and 3 others like this.
  7. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

I wish there was a Love button as that post @Arroryn was brilliant.

Arroryn likes this.
  8. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Im beginning to think this bloke is winding people up as well.

Oh well, i have a feeling that gods git to IT will be spectacular somewhere else, like in his own imagination

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  9. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

On the plus side, carries on how it is we will have plenty of threads in the new unanswered threads section.

At least make use of the new feature! Haha.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  10. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Psychologists sometimes call people like this as having an "Inadequate Personality" in which a person with perfectly normal intelligence doesn't seem capable to "fit in" well with traditional job roles, is generally ineffective, despite possessing skills and normal intelligence etc. Also such individuals grossly overcompensate for their failures and deficiencies in life by doing such things as focusing on certain skills to the exclusion of others, adopting grandiose fantasies about themselves and portraying them to the world, etc.

Another disorder that fits here is "Delusional Disorder" in which the person functions quite well in many domains of life but aggressively and strenuously embraces certain delusional beliefs that cannot be true or accurate. It tends to be fairly chronic in adulthood and the delusions seem to be "woven" into the person's sense of their personality and their core beliefs about how the world operates.

I worked with a guy very similar to Aushus before and I can tell you it got to the point that the whole team wouldn't give him the time of day at all because of the lies that came out of his mouth, he simply couldn't remember the lies he was telling and eventually I had to call him out on it, like above the guy simply wouldn't accept that he was wrong.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    Waqas Ahmed likes this.
  11. Waqas Ahmed

Waqas Ahmed Nibble Poster

Well I invented 65bit when I was only 2 months old! :D Though seriously I'm quite impressed with younger me

Freudian slip? :D

But yah I reckon he's trolling tbh!

Hmmm let's say at another forum I moderate, there's a guy there, who's doing medicine however instead of being humble about it like most doctors, he's being really arrogant about it, talking about the money, women etc... (Supposedly every girl fancies him) and this is legitimately what he believes it (And doctors don't make as much money as people they think they do any way) He might be one of those guys

Certifications: CCNA R&S
    WIP: CCNA ???
  12. zxspectrum

That was no slip ha ha

Ed

Waqas Ahmed likes this.
  13. SimonV
    Honorary Member

Then careful, as mentioned in previous threads personal attacks towards any member will not be tolerated. Take this one as a warning.

14. zxspectrum

Whoops, Sorry , i can get carried away from time to time

Ed

15. SimonV
    Honorary Member

No problem @zxspectrum , there are just better ways to express your opinions without making personal remarks. Its the personal remarks that wont be tolerated.

16. jonatron5

jonatron5 New Member

Becuase to the common man. Even a very succsfull buissnessmen or the operated of a millitary installation, it's alot of techno babel and jargon. It's incredibly easy to bullshit your way around an it job becuase quite frankly alot of people in very high respectable positions are litterally ignorant

17. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I love this thread - that is all :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  18. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Top Poster
    of the Month

Me too mate. Can't beat a sprinkle of random with your normal ha ha

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  19. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

aushus, what job is it that your doing at the moment and what certifications have you got? where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  20. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I reckon he will be gunning for Bill Gates job! I think anything less will be a failure to him!

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!