Why do our NHS hospitals suck so bad?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by greenbrucelee, Dec 23, 2010.

1. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Sorry to hear about it, hope both you and your motor heal up quickly. Yes there are problems with the NHS but I would rather have that than have to pay outright for my healthcare. We have some american cousins and the amount they are charged for healthcare is an absolute joke everything is chargable and I wonder how people on low wages in america actually manage to pay it (i guess there must be some kind of insurance policy for that type of thing).

I'd rather wait a bit longer to be seen to than land up with a bill for a couple of grand to treat a broken arm or something. (dont forget it is near xmas and A&E are normally full of chavy revellers can't handle a beer or two, that would stress me out if I saw that every day)

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  2. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

I blame the Bankers and their obscene bonuses.....

They seem to get blamed for everything else so why not :p

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  3. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I have had cause to use the NHS quite bit over the years as I have a chronic illness and on occation my experience had been poor, but overwhelmingly it's been very good.

The NHS is one of the best things about this country IMO and I'd hate to have to worry about making decisions on my health based on my ability to pay for it.

Hope you recover soon btw GBL. Get some Neurofen Plus down you if you are still in a lot of pain, you can alternate dose those with Paracetemol if you need extra relief.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have to pay hundreds of quid anyway. I have to pay £198 for a course of three threatments.

They removed the dodgy tooth and I need a bridge built.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  6. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Yes, the point being, dental treatment is not a part of and nothing to do with the NHS. Your burn is aimed in completely the wrong direction matey.

I've had bad experiences with hospitals - when I came off my bike they didn't identify after scans and an xray that my shoulder was out of joint. Is that the fault of the "NHS"? Hell no. Poor work and negligence on the part of the consultant that saw me, perhaps, and my complaint was lodged appropriately, and dealt with well.

But people that *are* emergencies - not people with a broken tooth that need a spit bucket, or the idiots that rock in to A&E with a cold or a poorly tummy when all they need is a fricking Rennie - are dealt with well and promptly. My Nan has only just been released from hospital after a 2 month stay with heart problems. Her care was absolutely first rate, at the same hospital that dealt with my shoulder issue. The waits happen. Would you be impressed if your family members were rushed in to A&E with broken legs, black outs, things like that, to be told they have to wait in a queue behind a dude that needs dental work and possibly shouldn't be in A&E anyway?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA