Who Should England support this Euro 2008?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by asje1, Jun 3, 2008.

1. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Ok...

Ive been thinking about who I should support, It was split into 2 teams, Spain - Because i think they will win... they have the best players.... But in terms of a team similar to England... Its has to be Holland, I have been to Holland twice and its a great place.

Heres a few more reasons why we should follow Holland.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2008/05/26/who_should_we_back_for_euro_20.html

Who will you be supporting?

Certifications: A+, N+
  2. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

I'm going to say France - as I live here....

but somehow, it doesn't feel right. lol.

Certifications: A+, Security +, CCNA, CCSA
    WIP: music, (dreaming of) CCIE Security :D
  3. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Bah... France have a decent chance... however they are in a group of death... if they survive that then they have a good chance...

4. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

SPAIN!!!! ....because that is where I am from...well...Catalunya, which is Spain anyway!

VISCA ESPANA!!!

:police:cheers:respct:cheers:respct:cheers:respct:police

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  5. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

It's France for me... my parents live there and I holiday there every year.

6. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

personally i wont be supporting anyone as such, ill just watch the games wishing a certain team of world class players could maybe play well at some point. :D

Last euro once we got knocked out i supported greece because I was in corfu, trouble was we had to be up early the day after the final to fly home, not ideal when theres literally trucks with people in the back with air horns followed by at least 50 scooters all beeping their horns, just doing laps around kavos lol

WIP: A+
  7. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

For real? I have Spanish relatives too - on both sides. Every tournament is like a nightmare for me - England or Spain, Spain or England... until they both get knocked out. This time round it'll be Spain all the way!

I'm a massive Barca fan too BTW - been to the Camp Nou at least twenty times :biggrin

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  8. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Theres a football competition on this summer? :dry

9. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Well at least this year, as England are out, there wont be any more riots and fighting in town between the English and Portugese, like there was last Euro Cup!!

And the council wont have an excuse to tell the english to remove the St George flags as there wont be taht many flying this time. Can you believe it last time? The english had to remove thiers for fear of offence yet the Portugese were allowed to fly thiers.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  10. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

My money's on the Russians this time.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  11. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Haha, no chance!!

I think the underdogs who might suprise a few has to be Croatia, they have impressed me so far.

I think Spain stand a very good chance, Salery and Club status wise, they got the biggest players...

12. ThomasMc

ThomasMc Gigabyte Poster

Yes but they are renowned for being the Great Underachievers, but who knows they may just get there finger out this time round

Certifications: MCDST|FtOCC
    WIP: MCSA(70-270|70-290|70-291)
  13. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

Spain are like England promise so much just to disappoint. Holland have a good chance if they get through the group of death, but for me its the arch enemy Germany 4to1 fav, they dont have a hard game compared to everone else to the Final.

WIP: C++ and A+
  14. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Me too, was brought up in Barcelona. It's where I am from, well born in UK but grew up in Barcelona.

Due to family tradition I have had a season ticket to Camp Nou since 1979!

I support both England and Spain, though tend to lean further to Spain because of the Barcelona players. Oh and I support Catalunya too, Valdes plays for them!

When England and Spain meet in competition it doesn't phase me as I know one of my teams is certain to go through! Again though I lean 65/35 to Spain.

15. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

:clap
    My two are looking good

16. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

Russia look good value right now. I have a gut feeling they may just catch the Dutch off guard and they'll be in the semi's against Spain!*

*assuming Spain beats Italy. It is a quarter final after all so I'm fully prepard for Spain to make their exit like they do in every other tournament at this stage.

17. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

goes to show England weren't to bad if Croatia and Russia both got through but i also have a feeling Spain are going to come good this year.

18. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

I hope so mate, I really do... :cry:

19. Mof

Mof Megabyte Poster

thats one step closer