Who Has Taken Wireless# Exam?

Discussion in 'Other IT certifications' started by chrism, Mar 22, 2007.

1. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

I'm trying to decide what path to take after I complete my MCDST and am leaning towards Network+ and then Wireless# and was hoping anyone here who has passed the Wireless# certification could give some feedback as to how they found the exam and how(if) it has helped them since.

Thanks,

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, ACA
    WIP: Still to be decided!
  2. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Its not an exam that we hear about much. Its more the CWNP that people tend to look at.

Apparently CompTIA are going to / considering release a Wireless+ cert, so you may want to see what comes of that.

8)

3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Simon you got it a bit wrong mate.. its CWNA. CWNP is the cert body that does the CWNA. Simon Comptia did have it in its pipeline then when CWNP reveled plans to have a entry-level wireless cert - Comptia scrapped all plans to have one and apparently there are no plans to bring it back. Wireless# would have more value IMO because CWNP are making a name for themselves in wireless certs, its a life time cert so no recertification and i bet you my bottom dollar the Comptia exam will be £100 more expensive ( i think Wireless# is only £60 i think)

I say go for it! Its on my list - i just need to do it sometime in the future!

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

Thanks for the info guys, the price certainly makes it attractive and it seems like a nice path to go down, getting in "early" (before it takes off) would also be good.

I think my path is now MCP, N+, W# :-)

5. oggler

oggler Byte Poster

Is Wireless# the same as CWNA?

Certifications: A+, N+, Sec+, MCSA W2k3-Security, CEH
    WIP: CWNA, CWSP, CISSP
  6. chrism

chrism Bit Poster

The Wireless# exam is the CWNP's entry level exam, a step below CWNA.