Which way next

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by will.owen.jones, Dec 12, 2011.

1. will.owen.jones

will.owen.jones New Member

Hi All,

This is my first post, and I would like to start by saying these forums have always been a great help to me, so I am hoping this post will be as helpful

A quick background, I passed TS:Confiuring Windows 7 70-680 today and already have MCSA and MCP under my belt, due to working in a server 2003 enterprise. I work for company where I was lucky enough to be manage a complete new infrastructure build for one of our acquisitions. I took the opportunity to make it my playground and have deployed Server 2008 R2 across the sites with windows 7, and the fantastic exchange 2010, which I not ashamed to say I think is a brilliant piece of messaging technology.

Which nicely leads me to my question. I want to get the Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP): Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 qualification quickly, for a) piece of mind for the infrastructure I manage, including DAGs, and I also think it seems to be cert of choice. However having not completed any of the server 2008 certs yet do you think I should do those first? Are there parts of those that will have benefit me when it comes to Exchange 2010 studies?

Looking forward to your replies.

Will

Certifications: MCP MCSA MCTS
    WIP: MCITP:EMA 2010
  2. Fixxxer80

Fixxxer80 Bit Poster

i think you should go for the MCITP:EMA 2010.

I actually was in a similar situation about 12 months ago, i had my MCSA, and was looking at upgrading to my MCITP:SA but then i thought why not get my MCITP:EMA first, since at the time i had upgraded an Ex2003 Environment to Ex2007 and had been supporting it for quite a few months, so i did the 3 exams and gained my MCITP:EMA in 2007, I'm now im working on the MCITP:SA once i have done that my focus will shift back to MCITP:EMA 2010 its now only 2 exams as apposed to the 3 exams required for the MCITP:EMA 2007.

And since you are now supporting an Ex 2010 environment you will find the cert easier to obtain.

Certifications: MCSE: Productivity, MCSA: O365, MCSA: Win Svr 2012/2008/2003, MCITP Exchange 2007
    WIP: MCSA: Cloud Platform, MCSE: Cloud Platform & Infrastructre