Which route

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by zxspectrum, Mar 6, 2006.

1. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Over the last few weeks ,ive been thinking about going to college to sort my lack of qualifications out. Firstly id have to do a fastrack route , as i was rather silly as a kid at school, and lets just say i didnt come out with a lot, tho i do have the brains when i use them- i must have i did car mechanics for over 9 years and gained a level 3 NVQ plus i used to do the MOTs that you people sooo love to have on your cars lol.

Id then qualify to do a foundation degree , which is 2 years (the above by the way is 6 weeks), then id have the option to do a bsc in computing for the 3rd year etc . Id like to know what people on here think really.

I turn 30 on wednesday , i and i think i need to get a grip of my life, and i think that this is one way of doing it , i also think a potiential employer would think more of me for having actually worked in real life etc - or is that bit just a bit of fantasy lol

Any advice is always greatly recieved :eek:

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Good on you, zx - very best wishes :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

All the very best :thumbleft. I am in a similar boat to you. I am starting out on what i hope will be an enjoyable succesful career.....

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  4. phoenix510

phoenix510 Byte Poster

Good luck mate hope it all pans out
    remember nothing comes to him who waits :thumbleft

Certifications: ECDL, MOS WORD & Excel, MCDST
    WIP: A+ & 70-270
  5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

sorry if im going to hijack the thread but it sounds like that the 2 of you are heading to do degress right?

BTW Good luck zxspectrum! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

Yes it will be a degree, or a BSC all going well. I would of gone down the routd\e of the likes of computeach , but i seem to rememebr a cartoon by dilbert???? someone is stuck and they dont know whats up with there pc , all the bloke does is shout i have an ecdl in computing you know , to the comnputer or something similar lol well i found it funny

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good luck ZX, you can't go wrong really, knowledge is good, it opens doors which would otherwise be closed. I also believe that any work experience is good. There is more to IT support than changing network configurations.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)