Which path should I take?

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by Filippo, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Filippo

Filippo New Member

Hi everyone, I'm 21 years old from Italy, technology is my passion since I was young but currently im working as ballet dancer. I'm not happy doing my job and my dream is to become an IT. I already have experience in computer since I assembled many, I learn so many things just because I like to try different software etc..
    I always helped my family and friends to build or fixed computer or home connection but I know that be an IT is totally different.
    I would like to ask you which would be a good way to start and which path should I take in order to get a job in the IT field one day.

Thanks

2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Welcome.

There are many areas of IT which field interests you most?

In general most people will start entry level IT support so A+, N+ and Microsoft certifications can be good for that.

Certifications: A few.
    JK2447 likes this.
  3. Filippo

Filippo New Member

Thanks for your reply, I would like to specialize in the networking field ( CCNA..) so you think anyway I should start with the A+, N+.. ? What you think about the CCENT?
    Thanks

4. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

N+ is always a good choice if you are just starting out - especially if you are interested in networking.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  5. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Similar to what's been said. Focus on the N+ and take it from there before taking on too much would be the best way in my opinion

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  6. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Although I would recommend A+, N+ first from a potential job point of view CCENT is more well known and more likely to help with a job. CompTIA has more of a US following.

Certifications: A few.
  7. thetokyoproject

thetokyoproject Byte Poster

N+ or CCENT are good. I also think a Windows 10 MCP would be a good starter (e.g. 70-698 - Install/Config Win 10).

Certifications: 271
  8. Filippo

Filippo New Member

Thanks for all your replies
    Somethings I really enjoy is to build pc and setup windows or Linux and take care of all this stuff also regarding phones or tablets I always setup for my friends too, I fix problems or backup and restore. I would like to go for the networking but I would like to know which it job is most close to the things I like to do. Is that systems administrator?

9. Sparky

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

That’s more like desktop support but is a good place to start :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs