which one is tougher MCSA or CCNA

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mesob, Apr 28, 2010.

1. mesob

mesob Bit Poster

Hey Guys, I am an A+, Network + and MCP certified I completed 70-290 and I am going to take 70-291 this friday. I got plans to do CCNA on self bases, but I wanna know which one is more difficult to achive MCSA or CCNA???:D:D

Certifications: BSc A+ N+ MCP
    WIP: MCSA, CCNA, Server+, Security+
  2. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

The very simple answer is it depends on your knowledge of the products.

To me I managed both a lot easier due to using the technologies in production so if you have this exposure then it will be a much simpler process to fill in the gaps with study.

So really if you are a cisco engineer then CCNA, if you are a microsoft 2nd line or above then the MCSA, the one thing i would say is a lot of the networking aspects overlapped, especially subnetting so they both can benefit each other :).

Good luck

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  3. mesob

mesob Bit Poster

thx Kevicho, I am more Microsoft oriented user, the idea of subnetting had never difficult to me. I am about to complete my MCSA and thinking of going to ccna, ur comments really had helped, once again thx a lot.

4. typhoon

typhoon New Member

HI Mesob,

I am also going to also take this route and to get some linux certs after that.

I feel there is more to be gained, however as other peeps have mentioned the quals should match what you currently do.. If your a total ms shop then go mcsa - mcse.

Just my opinon.

cheers

Certifications: MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  5. mesob

mesob Bit Poster

Hey Typhoon

Well Linux + one of the certifications that I really want to do which is on my list at the moment. I think I am more MS type I ll be going with them but I need to get some linux knowleedge as I am a complete idiot there at the moment.

6. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

Well you shouldnt do any certification without the relevant experience in the first place. So i would get a job where you work with it on a daily bases.

The problem is Linux jobs seem to be like the chicken and the egg.... there doesn't seem to be many trainee positions out there.

To answer your original question "which one is tougher MCSA or CCNA"

Do the one that that is relevant to what your actually working with on a daily bases.

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots