Which is more important to you...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by BosonMichael, Jan 12, 2009.

?

Which is more important to you...

1. Boiling a kettle of water

35.7%
  2. Performing two Google searches

64.3%
  1. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

You can do a lot more with 2 searches of google than you can with a kettle lol

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  2. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

Ok... I'll pretend to save the planet. 8)

Have to say, the poll is showing a closer call than I imagined it would.

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What about getting a USB kettle and asking Google to boil it for you?

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

Win. :p

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  5. westernkings

westernkings Gigabyte Poster

OR just drinking redbull instead of coffee ?

Certifications: MCITP:VA, MCITP:EA, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP:EST7, MCITP:SA, PRINCE2, ITILv3
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...which doesn't lower the power requirements of a Google search for those who use LCD monitors. In fact, it takes slightly MORE power to display black on an LCD than it does to display white.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. BosonMichael

Agreed. So alla you who chose "kettle"... turn in your IT cards. Now.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  8. BosonMichael

We managed for squillions of years without cars... should we give those up as well? :rolleyes:

9. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I said google because we all will have been dead for 100s of years before this planet dies and any blame can be put on google.

Like I have said before we will all get fined or taxed soon based on the methane we produce when we fart as it'll be destroying the planet.

It's all Al Gore's fault:D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  10. NightWalker

NightWalker Gigabyte Poster

You could boil water in a pan to get around using a kettle (it's a technicality but fair!). As for Google, there is only one way to search the internet right?

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCP, MCSA:M 2003, ITIL v3 Foundation
  11. delorean

delorean Megabyte Poster

We managed with our feet, then using animals, primative vehicles (carts etc) evolving to what we use today. We will all be giving up cars in the near future... at least by the means which they are currently fuelled today anyway.

I guess with that in mind we will all evolve to the next step up from the search engine as we know it sooner rather than later, so how about during the devlopment of the next tool designed with a means of information searching we develop it to have a reduced impact on the enviornment? That way we can all have our two Google searches (or whatever the tool of the time is) and make a reduced impact on the environment! Everyone is a winner that way! :)

Certifications: A+, MCP 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-680, S+, MCSA, MCSE, CCNA
  12. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

And then doing 3 searches due to red bull having used recycled aluminium.:twisted:

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  13. BosonMichael

That's the point, though... two Google searches has absolutely NO impact on the environment... it's a load of steaming FUD-filled poo.