which book would be best please?

Discussion in 'A+' started by nn, Jun 22, 2010.

1. nn

nn Nibble Poster

hi,
    looks like i'm going to start studying for the 701/702 exams, and i already have a Mike Meyers book but its the 6th edition. my question is would this book be alright to use or should i purchase the latest edition for the new exams?

cheers

Certifications: A+
  2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi nn, you'd be best to check www.amazon.com and read the reviews of users that have bought the book for this purpose.

I personally do this from time to time as it has helped me a lot in the past to make an informed decision.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

You will need the latest book (7th edition).

The 600 series exam did not cover vista or mention windows 7. The 700 series will probably have questions on vista and may mention windows 7.

It may even have USB 3 in it which the 600 series did not. Always better to have the latest materials is what I say.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. nn

nn Nibble Poster

cheers guys all makes sense :D

Certifications: A+
  5. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

agreed.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  6. chuckles

chuckles Kilobyte Poster

Yeah, always go with the latest stuff because the covered material does change. If you knew the last test material 100% you'd probably pass the latest stuff since I doubt it changes by more than 20% by why take a chance? Besides, there is enough stuff to know that probably nobody knows it 100%! There's always the weird stuff that A+ could pull out (which makes 100% pretty hard to get.....)

Certifications: '07/'09 A+, N+, S+
    WIP: maybe something Apple