Where to start(cerco?)

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Danmagrew, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Danmagrew

Danmagrew New Member

Just done the cerco induction and I,m thinking hard about enrolling
    but I,m just not sure, 4grand is a lot of money anyone got any ideas

Thanks in advance

Certifications: all virtual at the moment
    WIP: Starting a career in IT
  2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

To be honest I think this is a personal choice. Everyone's circumstances decide on what route they take.
    If I was a single man with no ties I would definately go down the Cerco route. I have browsed at their site, and think if you can afford 4K then it is probably the best chance you have of getting started in IT. Don't you only have to pay 2K until they get you a job?
    Myself, I am going the self cert route hoping that soon someone will give me a job :D

See my latest post here

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Danmagrew

Danmagrew New Member

ta for the rapid reply, think I,ve got a lot of hard thinking and research to do, when did education and trying to better yourself become a sales pitch, it just makes you cynical and wary parting with lots of cash ,can you give me any pointers on the self cert route I dont really know where to start

Certifications: all virtual at the moment
    WIP: Starting a career in IT
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Dan,

I am by no means a Life coach but if you tell me a bit about yourself it might make things clearer.

If you know what route you want to take then you can find as many books, training videos etc to get you certified. This forum is a really good resource. When I was about to take my A+ OS exam I was bombarding the A+ forum and getting quick, reliable answers :D

Let us know

5. Uruloke

Uruloke Nibble Poster

That looks expensive. You spend £7000 and you get just the Network+, Security+ and Server+? I know that also covers your accommodation, but it's still a bit much. I had a guy from Computeach over last night, with them I can get the A+, Security+ and MCSE for £5200, but it's a distance leanring course not a fast track course. I have to admit it is a very big decision no matter how much or how little money is involved. I've got a guy from NITLC coming tuesday next week and I'm going to see what they have to offer.

Certifications: GNVQ (Going Nowhere Very Quickly!)
  6. Boycie
    Honorary Member

I agree, 7K is a lot of money. However, it appears the idea behind Cerco is to get you on the job ladder and then go back for certification should you want to.
    When I was looking for 4K you don't actually get a recognised qualification other than their own cert.