Where to go from here?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by mattstevenson, Jan 15, 2009.

1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

...and posted it to Google Maps. :twisted: heh!!! :biggrin

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

And I thought you mean real people :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael

I'm sure those models are real and roaming about somewhere... see one you like? :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

A little bit difficult for rednecks to understand. :twisted::twisted:

Yes, it has 3 corners and they're all left handers. Link.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

As to the OP, do you have anyone close to you that you can drive with? If you can get some hous in just driving around as per 'normal' then you should be right.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  6. BosonMichael

Believe it or not, I'm absolutely NOT a NASCAR fan. :D Never been there.

Truly, what is the point in racing when there are no obstacles, there are no (real) turns, and all the cars are regulated?

7. dalsoth

dalsoth Kilobyte Poster

Was told that 35 hours was the average time behind the wheel before someone is ready for their test. This did not include a further 20 or so hours on average with family or friends.

My driving instructor was absolutely top notch, Got my exam booked a month or so in advance as he felt i would be ready even when i had no confidence whatsoever i would be. I was a nervous driver and tried to dodge out of all my lessons with illness and excuses and dragged it on over a year but i'm sure others could pass it much earlier if confident.

With regards to IT jobs and travelling. It would definitely help being able to drive further for a job, but make sure that when you pass your test you select areas to search that are realistic to travel on a daily basis. I would be happy to travel an hour or so in the car to work. I would grow tired and bored if i had to drive much further. My dad drives nearly 2 hours to work every day and back. This is not something i could do.

Certifications: MCSE, MCP, MCDST, MCSA, ITIL v3
    WIP: MCITP EA