Where to find Server 2003 installation?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Wires_are_bad, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Then just run the OS mate:D

You just repeated exactly what i just said and that means you have said nothing.. If you already have standard or enterprise edition(no service packs of course) before R2 came out you can as well download server 2003 SP1 which has the R2...

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

R2 is a paid for add on if you already have standard\enterprise edition. If you install SP1 it does not just "add" R2.

When you buy R2 you get the usual Server 2003 media but you also get a R2 disk that you can use to install the additional R2 technologies if you need them. Some companies dont use the R2 disk for compatibility or they may have a standard build of using Server 2003 with SP1\SP2

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912309

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Well then do i would have done a paste of precisely what is contained in MCSE: windowsserver 2003 active directory planning,implementation, and maintenance study guide 2nd edition(sybex) by; Robert Shimonski, James Chellis, Anil Desai.... but then that wont be necessary and maybe i should just believe that they are wrong....

4. Jay_7

Jay_7 Nibble Poster

Server 2003 R2 was released after SP1 was released. Therefore when/if you purchased Server 2003 R2, it came with SP1 in the package.

However if you started out with Server 2003 and downloaded SP1 - SP1 in no way contained any of the R2 features. After all - SP1 was released before R2 so how could it contain features that hadn't been released yet?...

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP
    WIP: CCNA 200-120
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Don't be silly. No-one is saying that they are wrong. It is not a case of right and wrong. It is a case af applying practical knowledge from experience built up through work.

Your arrogance is showing through again Obinna which is a pity. This constant sniping at other members and vice versa is not productive to the rest of us and it makes for tiring reading.

Perhaps it is time you considered whether this is really the right place for you.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  6. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

Well well well... look at who the cat brought in... i was actually hoping you chip in one or two things when we had an issue at hand earlier but then...... now here you are trying to put in a last word thats not even helpful in anyway:cry:

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I've gotten three complaints about this "sniping" remarks in this thread. Put the sarcasm away. If you're an adult, act like one. If you are taking my comments personally, PM me about it. More complaints will result in this thread being locked. I'm infracting the member(s) who is/are the focus of the complaints.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  8. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

<sigh>

Well I quoted Microsoft, the people who actually make the product. :rolleyes:

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  9. Wires_are_bad

Wires_are_bad Nibble Poster

All went well with the upgrade, thanks for the replies.

Certifications: Bsc Business I.T (2:1)
    WIP: A+ and N+