Where do you buy your hardware from

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AJ, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Qs

Qs Semi-Honorary Member Gold Member

I concur! Exactly the same two sites I use. :)

Certifications: MCT, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSA (2008), MCITP: EA, MCITP: SA, MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003, MCITP: EDA7, MCITP: EDST7, MCITP: EST Vista, MCTS: Exh 2010, MCTS:ServerVirt, MCTS: SCCM07 & SCCM2012, MCTS: SCOM07, MCTS: Win7Conf, MCTS: VistaConf, MCDST, MCP, MBCS, HND: Applied IT, ITIL v3: Foundation, CCA
  2. G_uk

G_uk Bit Poster

Cablestar: http://stores.channeladvisor.com/cablestar/

Cheapest cables I've been able to find online. I've contacted the company recently and they are happy to quote for bulk orders. They are are also about to introduce Free Delivery on all their orders, whether that will be added into their pricing remains to be seen.

Note to Mods: Would it be possible to compile all the suppliers listed in this thread on to the front page for easier reference?

I'd also like to suggest a sub-forum for posting deals and bargains that are often come across (not only by myself) from many surfers on the net?

G

3. honeymonkey

honeymonkey Bit Poster

Certifications: 10 meter swimming
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  4. StormTHX

StormTHX Byte Poster

Definitely www.newegg.com here in the states. Any issues and they take it back with no hassles and they are tough to beat on prices.

THX

Certifications: MCDST, MCP (210), A+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Taking a break then onto MCSE
  5. Pheonicks56

Pheonicks56 Kilobyte Poster

Totally agree on newegg.com you just can't beat their prices 99.999% of the time. I always look at everystore I can think of and they always have the cutting edge price.

Certifications: BSIT, AAIT, A+
    WIP: Network+
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Even with Tennessee's 9.25% sales tax, it's still often cheaper at NewEgg... occasionally, ZipZoomFly.com can beat them, depending on who is charging for shipping...

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. High School Tech

High School Tech New Member

For my own stuff I use OcUK, scan.co.uk (very good), ebuyer.co.uk, dabs.com (infrequent), lambdatek.co.uk (good for obscure stuff), and of course EBay!!

At work we use RM (not much choice there, we're a school and they provide our whole network), Novatech, CPC, Insight, Phoenix Software, Ebuyer (as a "trade account" customer the Super Saver delivery option still results in next day delivery, very impressed), and of course EBay!! (i hand in the PayPal receipt and get paid back, sometimes you can only get certain items off of the 'bay).

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCSA, MCSE 2003, CCENT ICND1
    WIP: CCENT ICND2
  8. Len

Len Byte Poster

Ebuyer.

I'm very skeptical about buying from Ebay, but I've had some good experiences (especially with my current gfx card), but then I've had some bad experiences :P

Certifications: BND IT Practitioners
    WIP: Comptia A+
  9. TechHead.co.uk

TechHead.co.uk New Member

Hi all,

Living in Central London I purchase any urgent PC component requirements from YoYoTech who are located just off of Tottenham Court Rd.

For my home server lab environment (ie: small servers, switches, storage, etc) I use Servers Plus as they have proven to offer competative pricing and just as importantly great service. I have used them for a few years now and because of the reasons given recommend them to the readers of my tech blog. I have tried some other online server/hardware vendors though they have proven to be unreliable, more costly and most annoyingly never show their correct stock levels on their website.

For any PC components such as motherboards, hard disks and memory I tend to use Overclockers and EBuyer.

This is a useful thread as it's always good to know what suppliers others have used and found good.

Cheers,

Simon (TechHead).

Certifications: VMware VCP, vExpert, MCSE, HP MASE, ASE
  10. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Thumbs up from me for YoyoTech as well, I also used EpsilonPC's (just around the corner from Yoyotech) last week, I got 8x1.5tb drives for £10 more than ebuyer was selling them for (and that's total of £10 more rather than per disk).

I also use OCUK, Scan and Ebuyer.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  11. Yenyaw

Yenyaw New Member

Have i missed something, why has no one mentioned aria.co.uk

They are good, and fairly cheap, you with each purchase you get what is known as arai bytes which once you have enough you can trade for free items.

Worth a look

12. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Remind me again, where do you work? :biggrin

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  13. UncleBeard

UncleBeard Nibble Poster

I use mainly Ebuyer, despite their irritating postage policy.

Whenever I try to select Super Saver delivery (free or otherwise) it always tells me that that option is not available based on my address, and changes it to a chargeable 3 day option. Must be a Post Code thing. :blink I don't live in the wild north, just 25 miles further up the map from Aberdeen.

It's annoying, especially for orders that are not especially time-critical, where I would prefer to keep the cost down.

Can also recommend Overclockers and Scan based on past experiences.

Certifications: MOS 2003, 2007 and 2010, Master 2003, 2007 and 2010, MMI 2003, MCT, ITIL Foundation
  14. JamieMiller

JamieMiller New Member

i use

tekheads
    Overclockers
    eBuyer
    Scan
    stak

i have found ocuk to have a pretty fast turn around regarding RMA's

and sometimes ebay :)

i live in Northern Ireland and find that most companies rip the p1ss out of postage to get my goodies to me tho :(

15. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

I just read Ryan's post at the start of the thread stating that he gets stuff from Overclockers? I was scratching my head trying to figure out why someone in the US would order stuff from the UK?? And then I looked at the post date :)

Old thread this one! LOL!!!

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  16. mesob

mesob Bit Poster

I do use http://www.aria.co.uk and they do deliver using courier and always ontime, plus their price is really fair.

Certifications: BSc A+ N+ MCP
    WIP: MCSA, CCNA, Server+, Security+
  17. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Microcenter.com (or in person) or Newegg.com ... every so often Amazon.com

18. bestazy

bestazy Bit Poster

I use parts picker to find the best prices from a range of online stores. https://pcpartpicker.com/
    They have Amazon, Best Buy, Corsair, Dell Small Business, Directron, Harman Kardon, Monoprice, My Choice Software, NCIX US, NZXT, Newegg, Newegg Marketplace, Other World Computing, OutletPC, PCM, SteelSeries, SuperBiiz.

19. ToddDavis

ToddDavis New Member

Online is the best option.