When do exams update?

Discussion in 'A+' started by Matty14388, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Matty14388

Matty14388 New Member

The question is really in the title, when does the a+ exam update?, im a bit new to the A+ learning thing but i've done a bit but life has got in the way the past half year and haven't really had the time, and if its within 6-12 months is it worth taking it before it updates?.

Certifications: Laziness+
    WIP: a+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If they announced today that the A+ exam is updated, you'd have between 3 and 6 months to take the old version of the exam (and possibly even 12 months, based on how they extended the 2003 exams).

That said, there'd likely be rumors of an impending update, like there is with Network+ (to be updated very early in 2009). To date, there are no rumors of an A+ update. I'd expect one no earlier than late 2009, and most likely later than that.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Matty14388

Matty14388 New Member

Thanks for the reply :D, hmm well im a slow study, im gona study whats about right now and when i feel im ready to take the test if an update is coming i'll wait for that, if not then i'll probably still wait, i'd imagine that employers want the latest versions to the tests if your new to it all, and i wouldn't want to spend money twice for the tests, but i will see how things pan out, if i happen to to have some kind of life altering attitude to studying :P, i might get the whole thing done before xmas(im probably less of a newbie to it all that im letting on) , if not, prob looking at aprill-june ish, and thanks again for the reply :)

Certifications: Laziness+
    WIP: a+
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If it's April-Juneish, you should be fine studying for the current version.

All that said... in IT, you constantly have to study to stay on top of the industry. You can be in IT and not study... but you'll be passed over by those who do. Worse, your career will progress only so far and no farther as you start becoming as obsolete as the technologies you know how to support. If you don't have, as you describe it, "some kind of life altering attitude to studying", you might find it difficult in IT. Personally, that'd be enough motivation for me to alter my attitude! :)

You can do it, if you want it bad enough, I promise you. :thumbleft

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!