What would you call this role and what level is this?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by aushus, Dec 25, 2012.

1. aushus

aushus Kilobyte Poster

what is an appropriate job title for this kind of job and what level is it? junior, intermediate or senior?

Consultated and worked with managers as well as technical personals to deploy solutions.

Deployed Microsoft Office365 to organisations around Australia. Ranging from 10 people 10,000 users.
    Some of the tasks within that.

* configured a hybrid model of exchange and migrated mail boxes from on premises exchange to Office365.

* Transitioned tertiary institutes from Live@edu to Office365

* Set up dirsync tool and deplooyed and troubleshooted Forefront identiy management tool for cloud identiy

* Deployed AD FS (active directory federation tools ) 2.0 for single sign on.

Looked after client infrastructure and troubleshooted server issues and provided tier 2/3 support to client infrastructures.

Looked after the internal infrastructure of the organisation

Made demos for pre sale events. Such as a Lync 2010 enterprise demo.

Made technical documentation of work and made elearning video tutorials.

Helped/mentored junior members of the team.

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

To be honest, this is a "Fuzzy" question, as there is no correct answer...

In the work structure that I work in it would be the Senior Tech/IT manager. However in other environments, it may be down to the Network Engineer (or Network Technician), System Admin, a general IT Professional title, etc...

As for if it's a junior, intermediate or senior position, again it really depends on the organisation structure. A senior service desk administrator may be a senior position, but may not do half the technicial things that a "junior" or "standard" network engineer may do (and vice versa).

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

With the tense it's written in, it also sounds like the way someone describes themselves in a CV and not an advert for a role. Especially the mentoring part. That makes it harder to correctly identify.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA